Grimme Variant DL 1700

probably get the webs brass etched although i haven't priced it yet. or else i'll break a ros gt170 for them. i'll get some photos up soon of the 7840. Its a conversion i did last year, its based on my own tractor with the front linkage + pto and the big mirrors.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't got much done during the spring cause we were flat out with the good weather. I've been back at it the last couple of weekends. Got a couple of guards made, the inside panels and the web drives.

post-3091-132639784828_thumb.jpg

post-3091-132639785387_thumb.jpg

post-3091-132639785571_thumb.jpg

post-3091-132639785797_thumb.jpg

looking very good all round mate, belts look intresting, what have you used to put them together other than the belt you mentioned above?? and is that a round or flat profile?? thought i may as well ask as i have a set to make for the almer beet harvestor soon, and have been pondering what to try for them

looking very good all round mate, belts look intresting, what have you used to put them together other than the belt you mentioned above?? and is that a round or flat profile?? thought i may as well ask as i have a set to make for the almer beet harvestor soon, and have been pondering what to try for them

The 'belts' are a flat profile 1.5 x 0.3mm and the 'bars' are 0.3mm diameter rod. All plastruct from EMA. The thought of starting them was actually worse than doing it. Just took a bit of time.

i bet, i wont need as big one as yours, and only 1 ,but it will also have a set of arms on every 3rd run, so i need a easy way to do it, recon this option may be as good as any

yes, this method worked quite well. The way I did it was sellotape the 2/3 'belts' to a sheet of paper at the correct distance apart. Then marked along the 'belts' with a pencil where every bar was to go. Then they were ready to glue on. I cut the 'bars' slightly long then trimmed them with a knife after they were glued. Still need to stick the flaps onto elevator web but they're not here yet.