SIMA 2011

Niels

I don't know if any of the FTF forum members visited the recently held Sima show in Paris but here's some pictures from the highlights for those who didn't get a chance to come.

Sima is held bi-annually in France and is the second largest machinery show in Europe, after the Agritechnica. There are 7 halls all together, two of which contain live animals and animal husbandry stuff. The rest is purely farm and forestry machinery. Here are some of the highlights:

IMG_5808Custom.jpg

The renewed new prototype Zetor Maxterra 165. It had already been 'launched' in 2009 but Zetor made some more changes to it.

IMG_5818Custom.jpg

Joskin Cargo-Track with spreader body. The machine was originally designed and build by Dutch company Veldhuizen Wagenbouw, sadly with little success. Joskin seemed to like the idea.

IMG_5864Custom.jpg

This new Case IH Quadtrac 600 with a 20 furrow Grègoire Besson plough (the one used for the record attempt) must have been a highlight for many visitors.

IMG_5931Custom.jpg

Big if not huge kit on display sometimes, such as this 36 row Gaspardo maize drill.

IMG_6001Custom.jpg

Deutz-Fahr decided to show their Agro XXL 1630 eight wheeler to the public again.

IMG_6057Custom.jpg

Probably the largest news at the show. Claas unveiled their Atles replacing new Axion 9XX. Complete with new styling, controls and CVT transmission.

IMG_6160Custom.jpg

Is there a trend in painting flags on tractors? Not the Union Jack this time but Stars & Stripes for you.

IMG_6200Custom.jpg

Another crowd gatherer was the 'new' Fendt 939 Vario.

IMG_6212Custom.jpg

Last but not least some more sensible stuff. The new Massey Ferguson 5450.

Ditto that, the Zetor looks quite smart, I wonder how it fairs against the rest of the market or at least it's closest competitors...

Joskin thing looks a brute as well. . . . infact with that Deutz, the plough and the maize drill that must have been one of the halls taken up!! I remember going back in 2002 I think it was, maybe 2003. Very nice show it was too.

this fantastic looking kit is great to see...however if this is part of the future then I suspect many of us, myself included  have no future in agriculture, we`ll simply never afford it.....

that said  I must have the shiny paint syndrome too as I say i love  to see them, thanks for sharing