Work Spotlights on Seed drill, whats the best option?

MODELFARMER

Ok

I have a new Amazone Seed drill coming, anyone interested it this lady. . http://www.amazone.net/232.asp

Now, on the back of the drill i want to fix on 4 work lamps, 2 rearward facing and 2 smaller that will be pointing forwards from the rear platform to the hopper, this is so at night i can check the operation of the seed wheels + pipes for blockages etc. ..

What i want ot figure, the best way of getting the power out to them, the pin on the 7 pin plug for the stop,tail and indicators, there is the pin for rear fog lights, would the tractor wiring handle the current out this pin?

Or do i install a seperste power outlet on the tractor and a seperate circuit on the drill??

I didnt do it but my brother did so am not 100% sure how but he put work lights onto the old round baler.they were the switch on at the unit type same as you`d have on the back of an old tractor. He talked about wiring them in for a while before he  ended up with  just an extra cable he ran out with the hydraulic pipes and wiring loom for the twine tie controls to a simple rocker switch in the cab joined by one of the push together connectors which he split when the baler came off,not the neatest but effective enough. dont ask me how he got the power to the extra switch in cab  as I say ,soem of his methods were a bit , erm, dodgy!  ::)  he had active car speakers wired into the cab too again off a rocker switch.too bloomin loud ! and I used to bump my head on them getting into the cab.

oh he also had a fan on the baler to blow the dust away so he could see again more for in the dark, can`t remember how it was wired up other than I know there was no separate wire for it, it was however earthed to the side panel of the baler :of .he had in line fuses and such but I wouldnt be sure  he used any on the baler .

8) 

silly question, but wont the tractors own working lights cover the front of the seeder? ??? ?? i asume like most jd's i see yours  has 2 or 4 fitted up to facing backwards

Actually i have 6 facing rearwards

But its the back of the drill i need to light which is in shadow

On the last farm I worked on we had a 6mtr grate plains press drill with a big spot light factory fitted in the middle at the back to shed light over the back of the drill it run off it's own plug that pluged into the *** lighter socket if that helps Ricky. :)

I've been thinking about this lately Ricky and I think the best way to take the current from one of the power sockets that you find on the newer tractors and have a seperate wire to plug in when you hitch up. You could use a relay from the parking lights on the drill to operate the spotlights so you wouldn't need a seperate switch. I think wiring spots off the 7-pin plug would be asking for trouble.

Yea prob is best option, gonna make it switchable from the cab too, means i can flick them on for reversing and off again for road transport

My only problem now is, the drill aint here yet and i wanna start sowing in 10 days- 2weeks max