case 9380 quadtrac

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 of the scale model quadtracs showed up on ebay yesterday,and one was a buy it know,couldnt believe my luck,got it for 45.00 inc postage and also picked up an ertl case steiger 9150 which i need for the cab,35.00 including postage,still no camera yet,but pictures as soon as i do get one,just after a britains quadtrac for the tracks and mirrors etc

over cut the required one  then sand it down to the final fit positions mate, the chassis one can be under cut then sanded down to take the new cab from the other

can i sub it out to you mate? i will need a nice quiet half day i think,up at my mum and dads where my brother has got more tools than a snap on van

the cab you want to use first

cut it out with part of the chassis still on it, once off you can rotate ect it all over to sand of the unwanted bits

the chassis part

cut the cab out, but leaving to much on the chassis, this way you can file and cut easier with a open hole till the chassis will take the other cab

the cab you want to use first

cut it out with part of the chassis still on it, once off you can rotate ect it all over to sand of the unwanted bits

the chassis part

cut the cab out, but leaving to much on the chassis, this way you can file and cut easier with a open hole till the chassis will take the other cab

thanks sean,got what your saying mate,would you use an attachment on the dremmel to sand the cab and chassis back? there must be an attachment for that sean?

after a bit of time looking at the 9150,there are 2 screws on the cab,where the cab roof meets the pillars,as marked in the photo,the scale model quadtrac has not arrived yet,but looks as the cab roof is fixed in the same way,i have got out the floor pan ,steering wheel, etc from the 9150,so it hopefully will be a case of taking out the blackened glass from the quadtrac and put in the floorpan etc and the clear glazing from the 9150,hopefully!!!!!!!!

post-1891-132639704029_thumb.jpg

pictures sunday or monday,fair bit to do,wont be needing a britains quadtrac for the tracks,the ones that come on the scale model one are fine,just need to paint the  nuts on the tracks,need 10 rectangle work lights and 2 round ones,plus make indicator/side lights