yesterdays tractors

MF-ROB

Hey all

Can everyone post up the picture's of there tractors,contractors picture's,loadalls and machinery but the thing is it cant be over the year 2000. I hope i have this in the right topic  if not can someone move it please  :-\

I'm not a great fan of new tractors dont get me wrong there nice to see and its nice to see people getting a new one but i love tractors from 60's 70's 80's and 90's i think tractors were tractors back then and  that you had to drive the tractor yourself.  just real classic's you know what i mean  ;D:laugh: :laugh:

on our farm at home we have 95 MF3085 and a leyland 270 with a loader not sure of the year but will find out and maybe just maybe a 94 MF390 with a duncan cab and loader coming or a 97 MF6150 just looking at it to see how things fair out.

will be posting up some pictures or my tractors

Thanks Harvey thats a nice Ford 7810 i think looking at it its turbo that would have been a great pull in its day carted silage for a few day with a Ford 7810 wasnt turbo but a nice tractor im a massey man at heart but i have to say i realy enjoyed driving that Ford 7810

390T will always be my favourite ever tractor I think Bob. It had an MF (Faucheux) 915 loader on it, was a Highline cab with the 12/12 shuttle and 4wd. A beauty of a tractor. The 390 you show above is an absolute minter buy the way, they still make strong money nowadays. Your "pride and joy" is also a credit to you, what a shining example it is.

I work for an MF exporter and most of the tractors I collect with the lorry are anything pre '95. Mainly MF but Fords, John Deere's, Case, IH, Fiat, Zetor . ... they're all in the yard!

@ Deere-est Yeah Deere-est the MF390T is a nice Tractor my dads mate has one which he has now give up the farming  its a 97 390T 18 speedshift with 1200 hours on it all it dose now is say in the shed and comes out a few time in the year and dose some fail cutting with but he wont sell it to us its the only new tractor he ever own and he wants to keep it  :'(

@ walterderwent thank you for posting some realy nice masseys i love the 3000 and 6000 MF'S the MF3635 carting mazie is that the same one that was in CLASSIC TRACTOR in power on land photos and for 9000 hour on you mates MF3085 its still very clean we have 5800 hours on ours

@ walterderwent thank you for posting some realy nice masseys i love the 3000 and 6000 MF'S the MF3635 carting mazie is that the same one that was in CLASSIC TRACTOR in power on land photos and for 9000 hour on you mates MF3085 its still very clean we have 5800 hours on ours

You're very welcome Robert and thank you, hopefully i'll find a few more on my travels over the course of this year to photograph. You're indeed correct, I was lucky enough to have a photograph of the 3635 alongside the big Claas forager printed in the February issue of Classic Tractor.

It's on a K plate and in kept in really good condition.

DSC00608.jpg

My friends who own the 3085 use it to carry out all of their drilling each year whilst other tasks include a regular stint on the plough each year as back up to their front line tractor a Massey Ferguson 6290 and grain carting too. It's kept in really tidy order and benefited from a mechanical overhaul a couple of years ago. Here's the tractor ploughing this year.

DSC02186.jpg

I've posted loads more photographs of older machinery and tractors in the following two threads. ;)

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,25556.0.html

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,27857.0.html

Here's another four from my photographic collection that fit the criteria for this topic. A complete set of P registered 60 series New Hollands. All but the 8360 belong to a local contractor, however given the blue tray, I believe this is a former fleet member of their's too.

DSC07109.jpg

DSC07081.jpg

DSC08007.jpg

DSC07282.jpg

Thanks Robert, the 60 series and later TM ranges are very popular tractors near to where I live :)

Here's a couple of much older blue machines that work close to home.

DSC07407.jpg

That top picture is he chopping hay or silage?

think you'll find is silage Ol , nice pic david , rare to see a jag 51 still going nowadays , cracking little machines they were  :)

That top picture is he chopping hay or silage?

think you'll find is silage Ol , nice picture david , rare to see a jag 51 still going nowadays , cracking little machines they were  :)

Marcus is correct Ol it's very dry silage. Even the farmer commented whilst I was there it could have potentially gone for hay.  :)

Thanks Marcus there's still a few farmers around here making their own silage with trailed machines in amongst the contractor's big self propelled machines. The 51 Jaguar along with the 7610 powering it have been on the same farm since new. :)

& being a flywheel, it probably handled that crop better than a drum type blower would , only ever used a 51 a couple of times but was a lovely machine to use, i've also tried to chop very dry silage before as well with a jag 60, it was so dry it wouldn't blow it ant sense as would go all fluffy in the spout & block up , i gave up & it was then round baled for haylage which i suppose would have been the better option anyway !

you got any pics of a jag 40 working david ? now they were funny little machines to use , absolutly awfull in really damp grass i found

& being a flywheel, it probably handled that crop better than a drum type blower would , only ever used a 51 a couple of times but was a lovely machine to use, i've also tried to chop very dry silage before as well with a jag 60, it was so dry it wouldn't blow it ant sense as would go all fluffy in the spout & block up , i gave up & it was then round baled for haylage which i suppose would have been the better option anyway !

you got any pictures of a jag 40 working david ? now they were funny little machines to use , absolutly awfull in really damp grass i found

Great to hear your memories of operating such machines Marcus. The 7610 powering the 51 seemed to be making very serene progress in those dry conditions with seemingly no issues at all. Unfortunately I don't have any photographs of a Jaguar 40 in action, however I am still aware a number of other older trailed machines that are still working ( Claas, Taarup, John Deere ) especially close to the coast so I will keep a close eye out for them when the time arises and make sure I have my camera with me. :)