Chester Zoo Land Rover

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this model?

Saw one at Spalding but was unsure of its authenticity. 

Unfortunatly didnt get a photo. LR is blue with paper decals for the 50th aniversary of chester zoo. 

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this model?

Saw one at Spalding but was unsure of its authenticity. 

Unfortunatly didnt get a photo. LR is blue with paper decals for the 50th aniversary of chester zoo. 

any info would be greatly appreciated.

I saw it too but not sure if it's genuine.

Great stuff thanks for that.

do you know how many were produced?

also what would be a reasonable price to pay?

I looked at this and asked the price.....................................................................................£175 I believe  :of I would have liked but quite pricey. Still another one will turn up at some point  ;)

As can be seen from ploughmasters post it is a genuine, numbered Britains release, specifically for Chester Zoo. There was one on eBay a while back, not sure how much that one went for though.

There was one on eBay a while back, not sure how much that one went for though.

£77.50 including the postage  ;)  I missed one on eBay about 7 years ago which sold for a winning bid of £45 if I recall correctly.

I don't know how many were produced, but probably only in the hundreds at most rather than thousands.    I often wondered why they had a version of the blue Land Rover, rather than the striped Safari version?

• 1 month later...

Nice! THanks for the pics, I've never heard of this either. As well as farm models, I collect totally non-PC circus and zoo related toys - mainly Corgi Toys - and showman related steam engines. NOW I've GOT to find one of these - Grrrr.... Heheheheh!