Foyle View Farm 2013 update

MF-ROB

You have done a good job cleaning those masseys , they are looking well 8)

Thanks Taz It took a wile but I got there in the end ha ha! sun burn is starting to clam down now ha ha!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fergie man but those tractors are a real credit to your family. some nice charloise there. ours will be shown at the highland this year again.

Thanks Pete the tractors are dad and I pride and joy and now we have a lovely 3000 hour MF135 to add now so that's just a 95/96 MF398 18speedshift,97/98 MF6180 with front linkage and P.T.O and lastly a nice matbro TR 250 or a 250-110.

Your taking cattle to the Highland show best of luck hope you do well Mrs Nats and I are heading over hope to see you there.

Blimey you went to town with the cleaning!!! The two of them look superb, it will be a shame to get them back to work now after all that! :o

Thanks Tris yeah I don't want to put them back to work ha ha! :) There in he shed now waiting for silage time hope it stay dry dad and I wast just talking we will now be doing a big clean twice a year I will keep them for years Well I hope

• 4 weeks later...

We started the silage with some help from our contrator Peter Lynch only had 3 dry days so we started the 6 acres of new grass and thats all we got done it was a heavy crop with 140 bales on it ;D They had started when I was at work as the rain was coming.

018-6.jpg

019-3.jpg

This pictures was took from the seat of the NH T6070 as im coming down the lane.

034-1.jpg

and this is the lady

032-2.jpg

Smart ride Bob, I especially like the little beacon on the end of the prong of the bale lift ^-^ That NH 40 on the wrapper looks in stunning condition, might as well have been factory refurbished :of Silage looking good too..

Smart ride Bob, I especially like the little beacon on the end of the prong of the bale lift ^-^ That NH 40 on the wrapper looks in stunning condition, might as well have been factory refurbished :of Silage looking good too..

Thanks Chris yeah 6070 wasnt bad to drive i must say Peter would be like ourselfs he would really look after his stuff aswell as that the 7740 was his fathers tractor and he said he would never part with it it dose light work like wraper work ect mind you ive seen it ploughing with a KV 4f on some steep groung going up hill the over 10,000 hours on it now so it all light work for it ;D

Some more it wasnt paim sailing when I came back from work there was no baler ???? one of the rollers on the baler had crack on it so here a few pictures on the baler returning back to the feild.

027-5.jpg

030-2.jpg

I asume it's not to far from the field to the yard? Going by the two tractors running with the bale lifts. Otherwise would a trailer on the 3090 and the 375 loading it not be easier and cheaper ???

Your spot on Sean no more than a 100 yards from field to yard or I would be using Peter's trailer and the 375 would be loading.

Loader back on the MF375 for feeding silage as we are bringing in the cattle as the ground is so wet and the grass is not growing its bad when our ground is wet as we would have very good dry ground.

001-18.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here at FV we got the rest of the Silage in and very good dry silage it was to Dad and I are very happy the way it turn out.

Peter Lynch Mowing it down with his NH T6070

005-20.jpg

008-17.jpg

012-9.jpg

seems a thick crop there bob

It was Paul the weather was to bad and it kind of got away on us this field was for hay but it was to overgrown and the weather wasnt on our side but it made very good haylage I would say if it got 2 more good days it would of made hay.

Archived