Foyle View Farm 2013 update

MF-ROB

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i second Paul's comment, these are great Bob as theres not many dairy farms near where I currently live. Just out of interest, in the photo where you're pumping out the slurry from the tank is the little tap and spout on the back of the tanker nearest to us some sort of pressure relief valve?  :- 

i second Paul's comment, these are great Bob as theres not many dairy farms near where I currently live. Just out of interest, in the photo where you're pumping out the slurry from the tank is the little tap and spout on the back of the tanker nearest to us some sort of pressure relief valve?  :- 

Thank you Chris I think your talking about the 2" valve you can link up a 2" pipe to it for washing ect we have and use it for washing out our cattle houses in the summer if it not what I think your on about let me know will try and get another video up of the 3085 I do have one a few pages back of her baling :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few small jobs done today at FV first up two new rams for the back window of the MF3085.

001-32_zpse196190c.jpg

Next up was to do a bit more to the old vicon 802 wag-tail

In with the new

002-39_zps652485aa.jpg

and out with the old

003-35_zpse7ff6d90.jpg

The frame off the 802 has a few rust spots on it notthing to bad so cleaning it up for some new paint to go on

004-40_zpsb9987903.jpg

005-34_zpsd4539dd3.jpg

006-33_zpsed76b75c.jpg

Absolutely nothing boring at all regards all your recent updates Bob. That is such a smart tractor and tanker combination you have their. The 3085 looks very well matched to the Abbey tanker. Really enjoy following your topic Bob. :)

Thanks David for the great comment yeah the MF3085 is well matched as some of our ground is quite hilly would of liked a Abbey 1600 gal tanker but at the time we were still running the 2wd 398 so we had to settle for the 1300gal she not it bad nick for a 12 year old tanker if I say so myself :)

Bob, your cattle look superb me old mate. Your family have a fine herd, a very fine herd.

Thanks very much Tris they will far better once out on the grass and they clean up abit.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get the Vicon finished been doing work to if on and off in the evenings after work.

some under coat on

001-32_zps97bb1210.jpg

002-39_zps078d7430.jpg

And now for some of my favourite colour :D (RED) :)

005-34_zps6018c6b8.jpg

004-40_zps1ef89a68.jpg

Sorry about some of the pictures abit dark in the shed :(

• 1 month later...

Soon be back in use bob, will look smart.

Well Pete here's a few Pictures of the Vicon out and finish sorry I didnt no action pictures as my dad put on all the fert on when I was at work :( but might get some later on in the year but I was off work on Saturday and Dad and I had a few bits to do like move machineryand  bale up some round bales into small square bales as we need them for the Barmoral show as we have stock to show at it. 

004-40_zpsfe5a5855.jpg

003-35_zpsf344fd63.jpg

002-39_zps7be7d26d.jpg

Our settings for sowing

001-32_zps14734ba5.jpg

As seen on (What your genral buy for 2013) I got this headrest for my MF3085 off ebay was abit dirty so took it to work today and it came up really well :D

Before

022-10_zpse176c8c8.jpg

Spot of cleaning

Picture12001_zps6a4a33ba.jpg

Picture12002_zps890dd5a5.jpg

After

Picture12003_zpsa46cadf8.jpg

Archived