NH2's dream tractor ?

MJB1

this tractor belongs to local contractor Michael Hine he's 34 yrs old & this is one of three TM's he runs. driven by his brother david ,trimming the fields by our house ,i had to move the cars for him to finnish the lane , so punctures galore in the next few days i spect ::)

the tractor pictured here is a TM 155 :)

this could be NH2 in a few years time maybe ?

post-211-132638513658_thumb.jpg

post-211-132638513685_thumb.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D or be an even more sad case like me & look out for the mirrors on the roadside  when doing roadwork , thinking to yerself 'god i look good' :D :D :D :D :D

Not you aswell Marcus, gives me some comfort though to be honest!!!! I do that when the lorry is clean and shiny, well aslong as the big diamond badge on the front can't be seen anyway. More so in the Topline at dusk/dawn with the blue LED's along the bottom glinting away. Another view that always made me think "I am the f******g boy" was the reflection of the Terra-Gator..... in the oncoming motorists windscreens!!!! (And to some extent the whites of their eyes  ;))

:D :D :D :D :D or be an even more sad case like me & look out for the mirrors on the roadside  when doing roadwork , thinking to yerself 'god i look good' :D :D :D :D :D

slightly OT...i did that when i took the new Golf GTi for a test drive....had to go past places with mirrored glass fronts!  :D :D :D :D ::)

Good spotting mjb,

Ever wish you were still driving a tractor?.

wish i still had regular access to a tractor fp but i don't think i'd want to go full time on a farm again ,years ago i'd be out all hours, but since driving lorrys i do apreciate the home life, i can earn in a standard week now what took me all week +overtimke back on the farm ,

do i miss tractor work ? ,yes very very much, do i miss the hours i used to put in ? ,not really. 

it was a labour of love for me as well, but like the saying goes love doesn,t pay the rent  :(

i've said it before if i had the chance i'd be back at it like a shot but that's no longer a realistic choice .

one of the last farms i worked for there was 2 part time manual workers & another tractor driver & myself . the boss decided to make mike redundant & bought me a bigger tractor & implements, so i was now effectively doing twice as much work for the same money , it soon gets to the stage where one man finds it hard to cope with that sort of workload , & that man was me , instead of a 3mtrs i now had a 6mtr,folding cultivator  but i still had to sub-soil & plough it on my own  before i could use it whereas mike would follow the plough behind me .

the fact was instead of me & mike both hitting it about in 8 hrs i'd be out there for 16 hrs on my own ,it was crap, my first son was only about 5 months old & weekend work was the norm because of the veg picking for the monday delivery, i missed out on a great deal of familly life which i now have .& i wouldn't want to change it now.

Guest Fendt pwr

Fair call,I see were you are coming from.

It's been similer for me of late.

I left a sheep farm were I was the manger and on the odd day when the owner was helping me he would come into the yard and say "what jobs have you got for me today olly".

The work load was easy because there was only 70hrs tractor work a year and contractors were used for most stuff so to make up for it I'd plough for the guy next door,the money was poor and at the end of the day I only stayed because I liked the idea of being the boss.

Now I've gone back to being just the worker on an arable/veg farm because the pay is much beter and I was missing driving the tractor alot.

But like you say weekend work is the norm because of the veg side of the farm and the hours just keep rolling on some days when there are lots of carrots/spuds to dig.

If I had kids (little fp's) I don't know how much I could cut down the work load with out dropping the boss in it.

(the web site at the bottum of my post is now my new work)

Interesting to read your accounts mjb of why you left farming, would you ever go back when kids were alot older etc or i think it was you that said you have a problem with your back?  ???  I'm just asking as know man thats gone out in different cirsumstances (being forced out (farm gone to contractors) and now health problems bought about i think due to the workload he was under before he was forced out and now they wont support him and let him keep his house untill he's recovered from what they put him through).

Sorry me rambling just something thats got on my nerves alot recently but back to mjb

the back problem is a compressed & protruding disk but is better due to exercise ,& i no longer have any pain in my leg but that is really down to the quarterzone ? injection , but the doctors did say the injection isn't a cure so i still have to be carefull what i do ,but i recon the days throwing small bales around like i used to has long gone :)

would i go back when the kids are older ? no , technology is passing me by at a rate of knots mate .If i were to sit in a fergie or a NH now i'd have trouble finding me ass from me elbow i spect :D as for fendt vario , i'm clueless ,blimey i was having enough trouble with the 3090 datatronic  :-\ i like levers that can be pushed & pulled & hit with a hammer if required  :D :D :D.

farming has changed quite quickly, i had my 1494 loading dung spreaders a few years back & left it to the lads spreading to load themselves,one c0ckydriver of a TM 165 was only 16 & he slated my tractor for being small & underpowered :o :o :o then i told him that when i was 16 i'd be lucky to get to drive a 1494 as it was a big tractor then & was usually the head drivers tractor !  i did say before that i wish i had access to some regular tractor work but time & money dictate  i'm afraid .

Guest Fendt pwr

good web site mate ,i bet that container takes some pulling when it's full in the field  :)

Thank you all for looking. ;)

Every now and then the tractor will get stuck often because it's pulling a contanier bluker on row crops :o

For the first 2 loads of a "new land" you need the row crops wheels so that you can fit down the carrot beds but after that we often put a fendt 716 with 750's rears on the trailer to save compaction.

You do need to slow down a long way before you get to the gate when it's full aswell,I found going from 55k down to 3k to make the turn is best done in good time not at the last mintue because the bluker always wants to keep runing. :) :)

So far I've carted carrots with.....JD 2140 on row crops

Case 5150 on row crops

Fendt 716

post-0-132638514506_thumb.jpg