great yorkshire steam & vintage rally july 2-3rd helmsley north yorkshire

convo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, the front mounted attachment on the little grey fergie is a game flusher, designed to drive rabbits and pheasants and such alike away from the mower.

As for the rest of the topic:great pictures as always and well done for good coverage of the event.

Moving onto the small working demonstration area containing threshing drums, wire balers and saw benches.

Starting with two alternative forms of belt power.

P1070401.jpg

Ian Gibson's threshing drum and baler he transports to shows with his Case Maxxum MX150.

P1070402.jpg

P1070404.jpg

P1070405.jpg

The well known Wall family didn't have to travel too far to the event from their Ampleforth base and brought along a fine selection of machines from their modified and home brewed working collection.

P1070406.jpg

P1070408.jpg

David, the front mounted attachment on the little grey fergie is a game flusher, designed to drive rabbits and pheasants and such alike away from the mower.

As for the rest of the topic:great pictures as always and well done for good coverage of the event.

Firstly thanks so much for identifying the attachment fitted to the front of the grey Tommy, fairly certain i've never seen one before and secondly thanks for your kind comments too, always enjoy sharing my photographs from events such as this on the forum. :)

nice thanks david,seeing a 595 down my way was rare seeing a red topped one even rarer,thanks for sharing david

You're very welcome Paul, i'm pretty sure it's the first full red cabbed example i've photographed and wouldn't be the last 595 I would photograph at this event as I would discover later. ;)