Scratch build JCB Fastrac 2135/2150

Been wanting to do this for ages, both britians (1135) anmd Siku (2150) aren't right, so I began getting bits and pieces together.  Im heavily modifying the britains chassis as the main frame, then using a mixture of other JCB bits and pieces and I'll make the bits I cant get donors for.

Pics to follow of current progress. ;)

Talking of pictures. . . I was mean't to email you  :-[::)

I look forward to this . ... to tell you the truth Ian, if you said you were making a flower pot I'd be interested! Some people just 'know how to make stuff'  :)

Not really the first picture I wanted to put on here, its moved on a bit since these were taken

its in the early stages of layout. Siku bonnet, Britians 718 Dump cab and Siku roof on a Britians 1135 chassis.  Only the top half of the chassis though, Im adding detail to it and also filling in the undercuts  ;) ;) ;)

Going for 4WS, just to be easy :)

post-124-132639863403_thumb.jpg

small update, started building up the brackets for the front suspension and streamlined the chassis.  Made some jewel headlights with frame around. :)

managed to find a 3rd angle drawing and scale it.

post-124-132639864234_thumb.jpg

post-124-132639864338_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Looking good! I once repainted a Siku JCB Fastrac into the Dutch LMF-colours, just for show use. Some other tyres to go with it, Henry Walker made me the new transfers.

Forumtrac-5.jpg

It even has the (old) logo on the roof.

Forumtrac-4.jpg

In the near future I will begin a new project with a Fastrac, a foresty model with crane.