Josh's harvest album.

JoshParkinson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bus loooks coool.

Those things were doing my head in, every few minutes another one seemed to appear from nowhere, and then you get behind one, they accelerate leaving no end of stinking smoke in your face, just get away and then slow right back down for a stop and make you stop behind them  >:(

The Fendt on the other hand, I tried following it to the field to see the combine, it accelerated away from me then overtook the car in front, left me scratching my head in amazement  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Been a fair few people out combining today. Unfortunately most of them were just clouds of dust, i couldn't get to them, these are some of the downsides of being on a bike, not to mention the pressure the wind puts on you  >:(

First up, a brand new John Deere T550 which the driver kindly let me have a ride on.

DSCF3661.jpg

DSCF3648.jpg

DSCF3623.jpg

DSCF3619.jpg

DSCF3608.jpg

DSCF3585.jpg

I also found a New Holland TX 34 working away in some wheat, but the driver looked a pretty scary bloke so i thought i'd best leave them to it  :laugh:

• 1 month later...

If i'm honest mate i'm not sure, and quite a few people have asked me that but i will find out and report back  :D

I did at first think it would be to save using more diesel to run the chopper, but i would've been using just as much if not more with the loadall pushing it all up into heaps, someone on here might know but if not i'll ask next time i'm at work.

Chopping linseed straw is nothing but a nightmare. It slows the combine down terribly and can be a nightmare for the chopper unit as it does not chop very well. Down here most people bale it with no net and then torch the 'bales'. It's useless straw for nearly anything. Rape straw can at least be laid under wheat straw when first bedding the sheds down in the winter.

Chopping linseed straw is nothing but a nightmare. It slows the combine down terribly and can be a nightmare for the chopper unit as it does not chop very well. Down here most people bale it with no net and then torch the 'bales'. It's useless straw for nearly anything. Rape straw can at least be laid under wheat straw when first bedding the sheds down in the winter.

There's your answer.

never happy are they  :P

we use rape straw to build temporary beet clamps

We just use any straw for that, usually wheat straw, and then for instance last winter we had some spare bales so we broke them and used them to 'bed' the beet down and keep it warm so it didn't rot, and we got it all in by doing that thankfully.

Although we have used linseed straw for beet pads, and it lasts much better than most other straw. the other week i was loading wheat bales that were 2/3 years old, completely rotten, and then i was loading linseed bales that were 5 years old and still holding together better than the wheat was.