Josh's harvest album.

JoshParkinson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good combine when they wern't on fire!! Nice photos youngun', I hope we see plenty more  :) :)

Ahh they're good ol' combines, prefer the TX's though, and you will, when it gets to the end of this week (i finish school for the summer) and when the rain eventually stops  :-\

Nice find Josh, really looking forward to following your album this harvest. There's a good number of the older TF-40 series machines still working near where I live but i've only ever seen one of these later examples in the flesh before in East Yorkshire.

Well in that case you're one step ahead of me, there are a lot of TF 70 and TX 60 series combines around here, but i've never seen any of the TF 40 series

Well in that case you're one step ahead of me, there are a lot of TF 70 and TX 60 series combines around here, but i've never seen any of the TF 40 series

That's interesting to note Josh. I'd definitely have to travel much further afield from where I live just to find one TF 70 series machine, although there a number of more modern CR machines appearing farms in my area. Just a couple of miles from where I live a big TF46 roams the land every summer, which can be found in my own harvest topic:

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,27857.0.html

I'm desperately keen to complete the set of older TF machines in action. Another local farm runs a TF-42 and i'm aware of at least three TF-44 combines working on seperate farms not too far from where i'm based which i'm really determined to find working. Again really looking to forward seeing to any combines you're able to discover over the course of this harvest too. :)

That's interesting to note Josh. I'd definitely have to travel much further afield from where I live just to find one TF 70 series machine, although there a number of more modern CR machines appearing farms in my area. Just a couple of miles from where I live a big TF46 roams the land every summer, which can be found in my own harvest topic:

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,27857.0.html

I'm desperately keen to complete the set of older TF machines in action. Another local farm runs a TF-42 and i'm aware of at least three TF-44 combines working on seperate farms not too far from where i'm based which i'm really determined to find working. Again really looking to forward seeing to any combines you're able to discover over the course of this harvest too. :)

Ahh yes i think i had a look at that before, fair old beast that one! If this weather clears up i know of a Massey Ferguson 520 around here somewhere, will go and get a couple of pictures, even though it's parked up as well, although i'm not travelling 3-4 miles in the pouring rain to take photos of a standing combine, not my style  :laugh:

i remember the TF46 machines very well the dealership i worked for sold the first 3 in the country , they were so new we trained on them and PDI them at the same time at new hollands training school. if my memory serves me right they had a spot rate of 16 tonnes per hour when out. the most important piece of kit was the shaft speed monitors to keep an eye on throughput and discharge beater speed. At this time New Holland training school  shared the same home as FORD Motorsport rally team  we often wondered off for a nosy and achat with the rally boys and drivers Stig blomvist and Malcom wilson. Back onto subject the TX Range were phenominal machines, the self levelling cleaning shoe the biggest bug bear otherwise bullet proof machines. when launched there was a backlist for them and some only reached farms halway through the season. our depot sold in excess of 20 combies in one year and won a new holland prize best sales figures for combines.

josh i dont know if they still run it or its long gone ,they use to run a rather special TX36 at St GUTHLACS Crowland, all the drives had their linkages replaced with electric servos for putting the combines elements in and out of gear. it was made push button operation as the guy that drove her only had one arm.

josh i dont know if they still run it or its long gone ,they use to run a rather special TX36 at St GUTHLACS Crowland, all the drives had their linkages replaced with electric servos for putting the combines elements in and out of gear. it was made push button operation as the guy that drove her only had one arm.

Well i go to school at Saint Guthlacs in Crowland, and i used to live in Crowland, and i can't think of any in the area, and come to think of it i can't think of any combine drivers with one arm either, so i should imagine it's gone, any idea of the farmers name? I will ask around.

was at banks mate

Oh yes i remember now, they had two TX 30 series didn't they? i remember, and then they bought a john deere combine to accompany them, and then the 2 TX's got sold, and they kept the john deere for about a season then sold it and bought 2 New Holland CR 9080 elevation's, they were out cutting barley last week.

pecks mate from ramsey st marys    but started my career with p a turneys

Ahh i see, there's the one over at pinchbeck now which i go to often as i can walk to it from where i live. I just texted a mate of mine, apparently the one armed bloke is still at Banks!