huish farm

Paul Palmer

Nice to get another model in the collection which you have a personal connection to, Paul.

god knows how many times ive changed my mind on this layout,first off a velcourt farm,then venton now huish,all with different themes,massey themes jd themes etc,cost a fortune tris and i have said before, i have got to stick to one theme so this is it,another fendt to get,820,merlo handler,cultivator,drill,i had all these and stupidly sold them,so still a few models to go,and i kicked myself when i sold the norscot claas lexion,but a bit of luck and a member on here is hopefully sorting that out for me,one day i will learn,i want to get a few things off mandy as well,hopefully on the real farm this weekend

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great update Paul Nice to see the real thing alongside the model version different way of doing things from the traditional if you get what i mean mate

Regards Nick

cheers nick,is always nice if there is a model out there that you drive or use

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear your going out of the farming you and Huish will be sadly missed

thanks bob,might make a comeback,never say never,the hobby is just getting to expensive for me,and we had a big meeting at work,some jobs may be going,so really pulling my belt in mate

thanks bob,might make a comeback,never say never,the hobby is just getting to expensive for me,and we had a big meeting at work,some jobs may be going,so really pulling my belt in mate

Well Paul I'm sorry to hear about the job I hope you still get to keep yours and your back model making and get Huish back up and running

thanks bob the meeting was aimed at a couple of guys,but apparantly you have to address everybody,discipline book has started as well,2 verbal warnings one written warning and out you go,they should have started that for these 2 jokers ages ago

hope you keep your job paul mate, look forward to you coming back to the hobby in the future. take care. ;)

thankyou chris,from someone ive never meet that is kind words,im sure i will be fine,plus i always have my part time farm work

• 5 weeks later...

Glad to see some life back at Huish Farm do the have many acres to harvest?

i couldnt keep away bob,about 4000 acres bob,im starting all over again,current ideas are case 535 and 600 quadtrac,magnum 340,and a new holland combine,running vaderstad drill and cultivator,chaser bin

ah good good glad your back thats alot of ground to cut but you have big kit that should have no worries of doing the work ;D

With work, weddings and things going on at home (trying to get our silage cut and slurry out in the rain :'( ) I havnt got back to Foyle View. Natalie and I have had 4 weddings to go to with in 2 months 4th one coming up now this Saturday :- and then my best mates one in Sep so thats a total of 5 this year and they cost £££ just to go to the dam things so no spare pennys to spend on models of layouts >:( :'( :'(

i couldnt keep away bob,about 4000 acres bob,im starting all over again,current ideas are case 535 and 600 quadtrac,magnum 340,and a new holland combine,running vaderstad drill and cultivator,or fendt 939 and fendt 828,or challenger 765c,im still no better at making my mind up,although the 2 fendts would tie in with the 3 fendts i allready have

Archived