huish farm

Paul Palmer

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good Paul you need that size of tank when running big girls that Huish have there hungry for work and diesel ;D will take a fair bit of the old £££ to fill that tank Paul :-

But a super job you have made of Huish I just hope that Foyle View turns out half as good as Huish.

Looking good Paul you need that size of tank when running big girls that Huish have there hungry for work and diesel ;D will take a fair bit of the old £££ to fill that tank Paul :-

But a super job you have made of Huish I just hope that Foyle View turns out half as good as Huish.

thanks bob,yess big tank but needed for quadtrac and magnums!!!!,and i have some more downpipe left for some chemical tanks as well,i see you have some space available for foyle farm,so will be looking forward to that,as for filling the tank up,i will have a great set of free drinking glasses thats for sure

no chris,although i didnt intend them ,they do weather the tank,i quite like the marks takes the new look off,also will make it a bit green as well,a bit mossy like

I suppose so yes, hadn't thought of that

Just read your thread from start to Finnish as Im new here, it's been a great read and some really good photos to look at , really like your layout and some great models, thanks for sharing

well thanks for looking phillip,glad you enjoyed the topic and hope you continue to follow it

• 2 months later...

okay,another change of machinery at huish,ive got a couple of ideas,but want a couple of other peoples ideas,and to throw this in the mix,im looking at a 300-350 front line tractor,and a 200 hp second run around tractor,the cultivation kit is a vaderstad topdown 400 and a pimped up britains vaderstad 6 metre drill,and another thing,a tractor i dont have to touch,no wheel changes or wheel colour changes,or have to alter the track width,my first idea is the challenger 765d,a superb model and can use right out of the box,the second run around tractor has to be able to handle the 6 metre drill,when the challenger is on the topdown,as soon as the mintill work is done,i will then put the challenger on the drill,the second tractor still has to be modern,again thinking of a john deere 6210r,britains or siku,which ever is the best,still waiting for replys from that post,and my second option is the frontline tractor from john deere,the 335rt and a fendt 820,if you look on youtube the challenger 765 and topdown 400 is a very popular combo,as is a challenger 765 and 6 metre vady drill,in the summer 3 hire tractors will be brought in for corn carting,they are sorted

hi paul,wot about using a class xerion for your front line tractor,plenty of power and pull.and your second tractor maybe think out side the box like a deutz or valtra or a big fendt.If want a good yoke a new holland t7 would be good.just some ideas for you.hope you had a good chrismas and have a happy new year.

hi paul,wot about using a class xerion for your front line tractor,plenty of power and pull.and your second tractor maybe think out side the box like a deutz or valtra or a big fendt.If want a good yoke a new holland t7 would be good.just some ideas for you.hope you had a good chrismas and have a happy new year.

thanks andy,yeah good xmas,hope you did and have a cracking new year,thanks for the ideas

Hey Paul if it was me I would use the Cat and the Fendt I would use the Fendt for fert spreading ect then hire us at FV to cart your grain as we are looking for more work :)

i must admit the cat is a definate,after reading bluegreens review and seeing the model for my self and as i said in another post it does seem a very popular combo,the 765 and vaderstad topdown and rapid drill,2nd tractor,im still considering

On Foyleview we a working out if we should go for a Cat as we have took on a lot more ploughing for 2013 we have done a deal for a 7f KV plough around our area there's not much min-till so its the plough for us we also run a 4mtr horsch drill on our 820 and a 3mtr horsch mounted drill on a MF6475.

thanks everybody,still cant find a nice 200-250hp run around,jd 6210r got to change the front hitch,mf 7499 or 7624,got to spray the wheels,t7070 so far is one model you dont have to touch,claas axion 850 i suppose,dont know if its the diabetes,but my eyesight is getting worse,so is my patience,that just might be my age!!!!,but i want the second tractor to be usable right out of the box,with no faffing about,i could keep one of my fendt 820's,but they are getting  a bit long in the tooth now,anyway no rush

Archived