britains john deere 7930

bluegreen if you see this convo, its a rip off of what you done to your jd 7830,i have put on britains jd 9530 wheels on the back,cut off the right hand pair of steps,the only jd 7930's ive seen have just one cab door,i will fill the gap and paint it and put a toolbox there,,i ground down the axle bars,also to paint all the wheel nuts,the original wheels were right gits to get off,tried twisting and pulling in opposite directions,and soaking in hot water,but never worked,i resorted to pliers,i used an alluminium tube for the new axle,no wonder i couldnt get the original wheels off,look at the threads on the old axle!!!!!!!

post-1891-132639938456_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639938473_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639938485_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639938498_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wheelnuts painted,the steps are not accurate,on the real tractor there is nothing above each individual step,so ive blacked out above each step and weathered the edge of each step,and painted where the other steps were,i will be getting rid of the front weight and getting a better one from pma,ive only painted the front wheel nuts to see what it looks like,ive got to spray the front wheels with proper jd paint

post-1891-132639938523_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639938531_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639938544_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639938565_thumb.jpg

Great work as usual Paul!

Like the atention of detail in youre models ;)

I where suprised that Britains dous make that kind of axle!

I know ROS did the same thing whit there rims in the past verry hard to get them of the axle.

Regards Johny ;)

thankyou johny,yes these wheels came off by using pliers,no way would they come off with your bare hands mate

Nice job, Paul. Much better look to it now, the Britains wheels are so plastic looking. A little bit of thought and some time and a new look can be made.  8):)

tis true tris,bluegreens idea,but its amazing what a change of wheels can do to a model,new shelving going up next week,so loads of little dios to do

Shes coming along nicely Paul :)  If it were me I would blow some money on one of the soon to be released JD7280Rs which have the correct deep set front wheel hubs on them.  Id simply swap the wheels and tyres of the 7280 and onto the 7930 (should be straightforward)  and finally the 7930 will look like it should have done when Britains first made it!

The one other improvement I had thought about making to my own model 7930 was fresh decal bonnet stripes as Britains existing ones are more gold than yellow and lack the impact of say the ones on Wiking and Siku JDs.

Anyways good luck with the rest of the project.

Looking excellent as usual Paul, I knew you were up to something as you kept asking things about the 7930  8) I should be a detective to be honest.

Have you thought about swapping the beacon for a more realistic one? Like keep the stalk and then just swap the beacon? Although i'm not sure what you'd take it off but it's just a thought.

thankyou tris,but just copying bluegreens work,his jd convo's are great and i have a couple more jd's to do in the pipeline as well,the aerial looks way to long to me,but thats what john deere fitted

Think that's the fourth time you have said that!  :laugh: :laugh: It is still you doing the work mate so all the credit goes to your hands for doing it  :)