Seller will not respond! what can i do?

justy 46

I won a bid on 2 old Britains Tractors. A Volvo BM 2654 & a dual wheeled MF 595. Both look to be  in very good nick & have their kinda battered boxes. But im trying to contact the seller to get the final postage cost from him to post to Cork, Ireland cause he only states UK postage costs. But he will post worldwide. Its been 3 days almost scence i won the bids & i have emailed him twice & heard nothing back. This is my first time bidding & winning on EBAY so i am still new to it. Does this happen often or has anyone had the same experince as myself when buying. Im getting worried cause the 4 day deadline is drawing close & i could be tagged as a bad buyer,but it aint my fault!

I won a bid on 2 old Britains Tractors. A Volvo BM 2654 & a dual wheeled MF 595. Both look to be  in very good nick & have their kinda battered boxes. But im trying to contact the seller to get the final postage cost from him to post to Cork, Ireland cause he only states UK postage costs. But he will post worldwide. Its been 3 days almost scence i won the bids & i have emailed him twice & heard nothing back. This is my first time bidding & winning on EBAY so i am still new to it. Does this happen often or has anyone had the same experince as myself when buying. Im getting worried cause the 4 day deadline is drawing close & i could be tagged as a bad buyer,but it aint my fault!

A fairly common experience buts its usually the buyer who's tardy in paying! Who's is the 4 day deadline, the seller's I assume not eBay. As a buyer you cannot get bad feedback so it requires the seller to open an eBay dispute before you get any black marks and you'll get plenty of chance to sort things out before that stage.

If you are really worried get the guys contact details using the Find A Member function http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch/_?_adv=1&_ipg=&_sofindtype=25&_rdc=1

If you get their phone number you can always phone them.

Finally the guy could be away from his pc for a few days, plenty of time to sort it out. At worst all you need to do is resolve the problem via eBay, take a look here http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/protecting.html

Report the situation to eBay  through their 'report a problem' page. This has fortunately not happened to me but only a couple of times but just bear in mind that the seller may be having problems his end with his computer, he may be sick, in hospital or dead!, just give him the benefit of doubt for a time to have the opportunity to answer you. Don't worry too much if you have a PayPal account as your payment is protected and going through the right procedure they will reimburse your payment back to your account. If you think the seller is sus just send another message to him politeley asking him to send you the items within a reasonable time of receiving your message or you will take action against him and file a report. That usually gets the sellers ass in gear.

Yeah i was thinking he might be away on hols or something,but its a bit unusual. You would think these guys would want you to pay up as soon as possible. As long as im not tagged i dont care. Cause ive  several other bids on the go also. Going to build up a collection of early 80,'s era Britains tractors. Thanks Peter. My mind is at ease again. ;)

Report the situation to eBay  through their 'report a problem' page. This has fortunately not happened to me but only a couple of times but just bear in mind that the seller may be having problems his end with his computer, he may be sick, in hospital or dead!, just give him the benefit of doubt for a time to have the opportunity to answer you. Don't worry too much if you have a PayPal account as your payment is protected and going through the right procedure they will reimburse your payment back to your account. If you think the seller is sus just send another message to him politeley asking him to send you the items within a reasonable time of receiving your message or you will take action against him and file a report. That usually gets the sellers ass in gear.

Cheers Tim. Thanks for the info. Ebay is all new to me. Its good to get advice. ;)

I wish you luck. 

I had a similar problem when I won an ebay auction that had a buy it now price.  The auction ended far below the Buy It Now.  Not only did the seller fail to make contact but he wiped all his information - no email, no address.  Ebay were most unhelpful and kept telling me to send an email using his contact details.  I never received the item nor had the satisfaction of an apology.

hi,i'm here in cork too,i ve never had a prob with ebay,some advice1.always agree a postage cost with the seller beforehand if not already stated,if he does not respond to an question then do not buy ! stick to this even though you might want the item .2.never deal with someone with a low rating and read feedback comments negative and positive  and then judge your self !

regards

mbdb

hi,i'm here in cork too,i ve never had a prob with ebay,some advice1.always agree a postage cost with the seller beforehand if not already stated,if he does not respond to an question then do not buy ! stick to this even though you might want the item .2.never deal with someone with a low rating and read feedback comments negative and positive  and then judge your self !

regards

mbdb

good advice this ;)

i know this might sound obvious and i am sure you have checked but be sure to double check whether you actually did receive the email on the messages tab that appears when you choose summary under my ebay, OR maybe it went to your spam box etc

Have you tried clicking onto pay now and seeing if he's sent you an invoice stating the total amount? as some sellers will do that rather than answering messages.

Yeah tryed that. Went to REQUEST TOTAL and posted him another messege. But no joy yet.

regards

mbdb

He has 100% positive feedback ,so i dont know whats the story. He could  even be a member on the FTF cause he has sold a few tractors before. Its just strange really. As one of the lads said his computer might be down or on holidays somewhere. But at the end of the day if  he dont respond,its his loss not mine.

To be honest mate, it's early days. Wait a week then start proceedings with Ebay. My rules are always read recent feedback and the general feedback score, always pay with Paypal and be patient as Ebay ain;t fast in resolving things. Overall these occurances are rare so stick with it, just avoid the mental prices  ::)

One more question. Can a seller withdraw the sale if he fells his target price has not been meet on ebay? Im only learning about EBAY yet so is this possible?

No, he can withdraw it before the end but must have a good reason, usually it is tough to remove if bids have been made on the item. To my knowledge the contractual agreement after sale is he must ship the item at the auction price and cannot withdraw it.

To be honest mate, it's early days. Wait a week then start proceedings with Ebay. My rules are always read recent feedback and the general feedback score, always pay with Paypal and be patient as Ebay ain;t fast in resolving things. Overall these occurances are rare so stick with it, just avoid the mental prices  ::)

Ill avoid the mental prices alright. No fear there. ;D An unboxed clean model is good enough for me at the right price of course. I lost a bid on a  spotless rare ROS Fiat 80-90 this evening on its last few seconds. It went for £13 . I was kicking myself.  :'(

In my experience with ebay 99.9% of the time it is fantastic, most sellers are good and you will receive your purchase within a week of payment, only once a while ago know i had to remind a seller about a model i had purchased, i left it a week before contacting him, all resolved the seller was on holiday and dispatched the model soon after, be patient.. ;)

Ill avoid the mental prices alright. No fear there. ;D An unboxed clean model is good enough for me at the right price of course. I lost a bid on a  spotless rare ROS Fiat 80-90 this evening on its last few seconds. It went for £13 . I was kicking myself.  :'(

My theory on bidding is decide what is the max price you would pay for that model, bid that amount and leave it, if you get it brilliant, if not at least you won't be kicking yourself. I found watching an auction to the final seconds too often ends in heartache  :(

The guy selling me the 2 Britains tractors has made contact at last after 6 days . They are now on the way thank god. :laugh: I have a 9524 Ford 6600, a 9520 MF 2680 grey cab & wheels & a 9522 Renault 145-14 dual wheel model also coming from other sellers. Not in their boxes ,but that dont bother me cause i what to put them in a display cabinet .But they are still clean tidy unmarked exsamples. Will post up the pics when all arrive.  ;)Cheers guys & thanks for ere help. Ive got the old Britains bug.