New to forum, and model farming!

drivelhead

Hello!  I've found this forum and am very excited about it.  I didn't know there was so many into model farms!  8) I used to collect Britains toys as a child, but then grew up and had to do real life farming  >:(  But now I see no reason why i can't do both, so I have just started collecting again with a view to having a huge lifetime work in progress set up.

Really enjoying looking at the forum and seeing some fab farms and models.

Welcome to the forum Emily, there are a couple of other ladies on the forum and I am sure they will be along to say hello shortly. If you really want to see how many nutters I mean collectors there are then keep an eye on the "Events and Shows" section and come along. FTF/Model Farmer are represented at most of them.

Hello Emily,

Welcome to the forum, i hope you will enjoy your stay on here as much as all of the regulars do on here... It is quite a great bunch of lunatics you will find here..

also great to see another lady on here, there are quite a few on here.. i see you have already met 2 of them.. (Sue and Mikelle :P )

hope you will be able to show us your start of the collection and dont be afraid to ask questions, we all love to share our knowledge and go on and on and on and on and on and on and on.... about the hobby ;D

cheers,

-Wil

Hello Emily and welcome to FTF. Your user name would suit many people here!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Just one thing though, I see you mention 'growing up'. .. ... . you don't fool us!! We have all tried to use that excuse but then when it comes down to it, we're all kids at heart and enjoy the farm toys now as much as we did in our younger years. Although you'll see now we call them . . .. .. Models. . ..  just to try and sound more eligible!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy the site, get stuck and like Gav said - get to a show. There are three UK shows coming up in Spalding, Lincs; Wincanton, Somerset and Penrith, Cumbria. Not forgetting the international one in Zwolle, Holland which many members travel for over.

All the best, Tris.

Hello Emily and welcome to FTF. Your user name would suit many people here!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Just one thing though, I see you mention 'growing up'. .. ... . you don't fool us!! We have all tried to use that excuse but then when it comes down to it, we're all kids at heart and enjoy the farm toys now as much as we did in our younger years. Although you'll see now we call them . . .. .. Models. . ..  just to try and sound more eligible!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy the site, get stuck and like Gav said - get to a show. There are three UK shows coming up in Spalding, Lincs; Wincanton, Somerset and Penrith, Cumbria. Not forgetting the international one in Zwolle, Holland which many members travel for over.

All the best, Tris.

When did I say that Mr Hobbit? ;D

Welcome to the forum Emily,  enjoy your time here and hopefully you can find lots of usefull information on here :)

lunatics you will find here..

also great to see another lady on here, there are quite a few on here.. i see you have already met 2 of them.. (Sue and Mikelle :P )

-Wil

Oi you, just wait until you come over for Spalding next year and I will give you a big sloppy kiss, then we will see who is Mikelle  >:( >:(