Case 1455?

Howard_S

• 2 weeks later...

The Schuco model is an International Harvester 1455 - not a Case 1455. I.e. it is red and white, not red and black. Still plenty of them available - although i think overpriced as they are £5 more than a Wiking model, but don't have the same level of detail.

The Case 1455 XL you are talking about where from Wagenhof.

That was a limited run indeed!

The Sucho one is not a limited version ;)

That is the one, I take it would be near possible to get one of those?!

No further product runs in a standard run, no special box?

Thanks

H

I got hold of a Wagenhof Case 1455 about six months ago, from a guy in Germany off ebay, it ended up costing me €260. I was sick as I already had the International, and I could of bought both models for €200 from Wagenhof when they first came out.

I think the guys that made them were leaned on by CNH as the models were not 'licensed officially', so they stopped producing them after a few hundred of each.

I got hold of a Wagenhof Case 1455 about six months ago, from a guy in Germany off ebay, it ended up costing me €260. I was sick as I already had the International, and I could of bought both models for €200 from Wagenhof when they first came out.

I think the guys that made them were leaned on by CNH as the models were not 'licensed officially', so they stopped producing them after a few hundred of each.

Very interesting Dale, I wonder what the chances of getting the likes of Wiking, Weise or UH for example to produce a copy?

I assume CNH is the problem here?

As with most brands these days, I think its just the rights holder wanting their cut. The Wagenhof models are fantastic, and were highly prized when they came out. If you look over some of the German/Dutch tractor forums there was a huge buzz when these models were first shown, which obviously CNH got wind of.

Hence the reason I think Schuco produced an official 1455. Economies of scale predict that a Case 1455 should appear some time soon from Schuco (fingers crossed, cant bring myself to have the Wagenhof models weathered).

I am sure if DBP Models was able to produce his top quality Massey models in volume, AGCO would be knocking on his door too wanting a slice of the pie....