makein a farm scene

swifty

Question

hi every one im new only just started collecting and want to make a big farm scene . But i don't know were to start i have seen picture and wondered how to make cereal, maize, grass,and potato fields any help would be great thanks swifty.

6 answers to this question

hi mate, cereal fields are pretty basic, its just front door matts cut to how you want them

you can buy grass material from holly loves toys (mandy) on here, i would recomend you to visit her site as there are many things you could get for a farm display and will give you many ideas

welcome to ftf richard, hope you enjoy it on here, , as mentioned coir door mats make good barley/wheat fields and stubble, and i use finely cut sissel string for the cut straw

211.jpg

201.jpg

soil, i use old dried coffee from starbucks, they give it away in bags, well they used to anyway

003.jpg

i also use it mixed with the cut sissle string for pigs muck

029.jpg

hedges can be built pretty cheaply using some 2x1 or smaller wooden  batton with hanging basket liner glued to it ,you can get sheets of it from any garden center for a few quid, 

it all depends on how much you want to spend, my layouts started of very basic, but over time got upgraded with a lot more expensive products, and most came from a memeber on here, lady ferguson ,heres her webste, thats where my new grass mats  and tracks came from

http://www.hollylovestoys.com/