Deere-est's Bits n Bobs

Deere-est

Question

Well here is what I was up to over the weekend, with a sheet of 0.8mm ply and some square dowl you can do endless little bits and bobs for your farm yard. Here are a few disposably type pallets, the sort you see down the builders merchants.

Here is what you need 3mm dowel not shown. A measuring tape, a straight edge, a craft knife and of course the madatory 0.8mm ply for the pallet planks. I cut them 4mm wide.

Use two planks to glue the dowel at the required distance, making sure it is square with one plant at either end. Then work your way from one end to the other, my spacings are a shade under 2mm.

• Answers 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

213 answers to this question

tris just found this i do use the italeri kits for my  workshop bits i do make some as well the sand bags in the kits are good for bags that you find lying around on farms like seed cement minerals etc and the jeery cans as welli did pick up some bits the weekend at a scalextric show i think it finishes the scenes off

tris just found this i do use the italeri kits for my  workshop bits i do make some as well the sand bags in the kits are good for bags that you find lying around on farms like seed cement minerals etc and the jeery cans as welli did pick up some bits the weekend at a scalextric show i think it finishes the scenes off

can you post some of them Graham, especially the bags

Good job mate. I think a Topic with your masterpieces and works in progress will get a fair few responses. Found a bit yesterday thats ideal for those old aluminium tube heaters, I'll get it fitted 2moro before we get a cold snap!

I don't know whether you would be interested Tris or anybody else but this website has stickers in 1/32 scale for oil drums and there are some warning signs as well but some are no good farm models cos they are telling you to put your lifejackets on but most are useful. :) :)

Spot on!!! Just been wondering how to personalise my cans and drums etc. Perfect. Now, this strimmer and chainsaw you have mate. . ... tell all, come on you can't keep this to yourself mate!! I like the snap on set aswell, too modern for my current shed but when I get round to doing a newer one I will need those sorts of things. The trolley jacks are Scalextric I take it? I think I have one somewhere, if you hadn't have posted that I'd have forgotten all about them.

Spot on!!! Just been wondering how to personalise my cans and drums etc. Perfect. Now, this strimmer and chainsaw you have mate. . ... tell all, come on you can't keep this to yourself mate!! I like the snap on set aswell, too modern for my current shed but when I get round to doing a newer one I will need those sorts of things. The trolley jacks are Scalextric I take it? I think I have one somewhere, if you hadn't have posted that I'd have forgotten all about them.

would like to know that too Tris :) :)

Graham, a Liverpool fan i take it?

liverpool all the way there is nothing like standing in the kop singing your head off makes the hair on my neck stand on end luv it anyway the red tool boxes were off ebay the other grey bits are what i picked up the weekend and are scalextric the small open toolboxes have tools in but i can not even see what they are need magnefying glassfor that the chainsaw and other bits are all made by myself and i am sure others on here can make bettterbut if you want some i wll do you some no problem        we was robbed the weekend f b  :D :D :D

liverpool all the way there is nothing like standing in the kop singing your head off makes the hair on my neck stand on end luv it anyway the red tool boxes were off ebay the other grey bits are what i picked up the weekend and are scalextric the small open toolboxes have tools in but i can not even see what they are need magnefying glassfor that the chainsaw and other bits are all made by myself and i am sure others on here can make bettterbut if you want some i wll do you some no problem         we was robbed the weekend f b   :D :D :D

we was Graham, but our form is poor away :( :(

I'll have to look out for bits like that on ebay, what would you search under? ???

Almost forgot about this Topic!! Nearly a year since I posted in it.

Here is the latest set painted up  :) Still got to paint the joist pulley which is on the box but not in the made up set. Saving that for a barn  ;) Also need to touch up the bottom iron strip on the bucket.

post-227-132638657724_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638657727_thumb.jpg