BC's brochure and literature collection

BC

Today I saw a member on here asking about photos and sizes of a Fraser muck spreader and I knew I had various brochures from a visit to the factory at Rothienorman with the local vintage club many years ago. Fraser's were a family run company before being taken over by the SBF group which subsequently ceased trading and Fraser's were one of the divisions which closed down and wasn't bought over by anyone else.

Although I don't really collect brochures I have some so since it wasn't a day for outside work I decided to do some scanning when I had them out anyway.

The brochure holder

SCAN0139.jpg

SCAN0140.jpg

SCAN0141.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaver Tail Trailer

I had a chuckle to myself when I looked at his one. A trailer without sides sitting in a quarry next to a pile of gravel / stones....it reminded me of myself at the local quarry a few years ago. I had gone down to the quarry which is only a couple of miles away with my twin axle Ifor Williams trailer to get 1/2 ton of sand and 1/2 ton of pea crate but did not bother to put on the sides. The chap on the weight bridge did cast doubt on using a flat trailer to carry solids but I said no problem I only wanted a ton and I wasn't travelling far. Anyway the chap loaded me perfectly. As I was driving off a fitter walked past and with a smile on his face said....you are going to have a job tying on that load driver ;) ;) ...I had to laugh but I got home without spilling any of my load.

SCAN0157.jpg

SCAN0158.jpg

Staying on the theme of North East of Scotland machinery manufacturers next up is Stewart's Trailers which is based near Inverurie in Aberdeenshire. At the end of last year a group of 20 FTF members and friends attended a factory tour from the owners Jim and Mandy Stewart. After the end of the tour we were treated to tea / coffee and cakes and a goody bag which included their product range.

This one was 04 2010 Second edition

SCAN0184.jpg

SCAN0185.jpg

SCAN0186.jpg

SCAN0187.jpg

SCAN0188.jpg

SCAN0189.jpg

Two separate companies all they have in common is they both made trailers and were both located in Aberdeenshire. Fraser's were a family operated company before being taken over by a group that went into liquidation / receivership. I can't remember how long ago that was but I suppose it is a while now hence why we see less and less of their products. Stewart trailers was a new company started up by Jim and Mandy Stewart in in 1988.