Ford 5640 Industrial

I have had the Imber Ford's on the shelf for a bit and I finally succumbed to the temptation to take them out of the box. I had intended to build a display, but I was a little disappointed with the build quality. I can hardly send them back now, and as the prices have been reduced I thought it right to improve it a bit. This is how it came out of the box, a little frustrating...

post-2500-132639998976_thumb.jpg

post-2500-132639999003_thumb.jpg

I had worked at a factory that had an employee sports facility and they had a few 56's for grounds care. The 5640 SL had a Quicke Loader, so I used a donor from the UH Valtra, I just need to order up the decals from Agrium's website then it will be spot on.

I have also fitted the wheels and tyres from the UH Renault Ergos, the 56 industrials that I saw all had what appeared to be much smaller and less aggressively treaded 'low impact' tyres. The UH Ergos has these solid type rims which I think look the business. The 2WD Imber Fords have the correct axle, but I was never that happy with the models posture, so I will also be making up some better fitting front hubs/axle carriers from brass to correct the track and the toe in/camber of the front wheels.

post-2500-132639999041_thumb.jpg

post-2500-132639999099_thumb.jpg

post-2500-132639999124_thumb.jpg

post-2500-132639999181_thumb.jpg

Cheers! Its a cracking model to start with after all is said.

I am trying to find the pictures I took of the real thing. I would like to do one with Faucheux loader, these were popular in Europe and you see a lot of 40 series tractors in France with these fitted. They are not very robust, but the operators said they were light which meant these tractors were pretty good on the road still, you did not loose any agility in tight spaces either.

I am also going to look at putting Wiking style set of link arms on the rear, it will look the part with Kuhn flail or a Joskin topper on it. Cumbria Council, before it contracted to Amey Mouchel had these with Ransome's rear and mid mounted gang mowers fitted, that would be some project...

I'm actually in Sheffield, but I go up to Grange/Furness to visit the family quite often. I have not seen any municipal mowing equipment about for some time so would be interested, I thought the local councils had given up and just contracted it out.

Would this be at the old CCC Sedbergh depot?

I'm actually in Sheffield, but I go up to Grange/Furness to visit the family quite often. I have not seen any municipal mowing equipment about for some time so would be interested, I thought the local councils had given up and just contracted it out.

Would this be at the old CCC Sedbergh depot?

Yes theres still two there at the minute, but i know of a farmer that has bought two and sold on one, one is actually some where not far from the sheffield arena (thats where it got dropped off at) and the other is at Newby Bridge!  ;)

Thats interesting! I would like to track these down for a bit of history. I have picture of K--- XEC which was a 5640 SL in industrial yellow with mowers and a Quicke Loader. (I still prefer the hearing aid beige colour of the H model 10 series).

A friend of mine has an '89 F plate 3910H ex Barrow Council on his small holding, it has high hours but it is absolutely mint, this also has a set of Ransomes Mid mounted mowers that were a popular option with council parks departments.

I'm hoping to build a few of these just to do something different, I am also getting measurements to attempt to scratch build a Sekura type cab for the Marge Models 7610, it might be a good, if expensive base model for 39/46/5610H base model.

Thats interesting! I would like to track these down for a bit of history. I have picture of K--- XEC which was a 5640 SL in industrial yellow with mowers and a Quicke Loader. (I still prefer the hearing aid beige colour of the H model 10 series).

A friend of mine has an '89 F plate 3910H ex Barrow Council on his small holding, it has high hours but it is absolutely mint, this also has a set of Ransomes Mid mounted mowers that were a popular option with council parks departments.

I'm hoping to build a few of these just to do something different, I am also getting measurements to attempt to scratch build a Sekura type cab for the Marge Models 7610, it might be a good, if expensive base model for 39/46/5610H base model.

You made a sweet job of that 5640 with the loader! ;) If you have plans to do a 4610H id be intreasted in one myself! :)