Round Roof Sheds

Blue man

Question

17 answers to this question

if i remember rightly tris glued his corriguated card to a thin sheet of ply, then bent that to shape ,sure he will confirm,

on mine i made the uprights and a post along them to take the edges ,then bent to card into the frame, marked and cut the ends, and used L shaped bits of card to bond the ends to the curve, it seemd to hold it together well for a while, but the glue went this summer in the hot spell, so i do need to repair it sometime

barn111.jpg

barn222.jpg

barn333.jpg

barn444.jpg

Stripwood? If you want to replicate a shed made from steel, don't use wood. I used all manner of Plastruct to make my past sheds. I can't remember what I used now but there are pics in my Leverets Farm topic of the dutch barn structure before any cladding or paint. Worth a kook for some ideas.

Stripwood? If you want to replicate a shed made from steel, don't use wood. I used all manner of Plastruct to make my past sheds. I can't remember what I used now but there are pics in my Leverets Farm topic of the dutch barn structure before any cladding or paint. Worth a kook for some ideas.

Thanks have you any Idea how you made the arch?

It's one of the smalles I beam profiles with 0.2mm styrene strip for the arch bit. I pegged it all out on a board to glue in place. I think Garrett (smallclaas) used a heavy towel draped over his shed to glue it, helps keep the card curved to shape. I used string, about a dozen pieces to keep the card in place for gluing.

It's one of the smalles I beam profiles with 0.2mm styrene strip for the arch bit. I pegged it all out on a board to glue in place. I think Garrett (smallclaas) used a heavy towel draped over his shed to glue it, helps keep the card curved to shape. I used string, about a dozen pieces to keep the card in place for gluing.

Thanks,Sorry for all the questions but what glue did you use