Out and About with BOB 2013 updates

MF-ROB

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T6090 ;) Oh yes. 6480 looks well with the 800's.

:D I knew you would like the T6090 Scott :D cant wait to drive it at silage time lifting bales.

best pictures you've done yet mate.

Thanks Olly glad you like them.

Thanks for the tips David might just pick up the same camera that you have as your happy with it and you use it for the same work I will yous it for.

Do you think any of them would be power of the land comp ?

I certainly reckon some of the most recent destoning / planting photographs you have taken are worthy of entry Robert. I'd definitely recommend investing in a dedicated camera to make the most of your ability. Do your homework whether it be trawling the internet for reviews, or magazines. Even visit any camera stockists so you have the chance try one out.

As I mentioned earlier you don't have to spend a fortune to purchase a camera that's capable of taking a really sharp picture. Each to their own, but I tend not to get bogged down too much in all of the settings on mine, i'm still just an amateur "point and clicker" using the auto settings most of the time. My enjoyment and fascination stems largely from trying make the most of any location I visit. Looking at whats around me, what's in the background, trees, buildings, clouds aswell as the gradient of the land itself. There's then the challenge of trying to compose a really good picture, and most importantly clicking that little button at just the right time! :)  

Great pictures Bob,lovin all the fergys.

That 6499 on the ridger was first registered by my local mf dealer chandlers.

Thanks Jamie Ive seen a few MF from Chandlers over here with me

Some great pictures here, all looks like very well looked after kit! Really like the Massey spud planting set up :)

Thanks Massey Boy glad you like them yeah must say the guys around me like to keep there machine in good nick :D

I certainly reckon some of the most recent destoning / planting photographs you have taken are worthy of entry Robert. I'd definitely recommend investing in a dedicated camera to make the most of your ability. Do your homework whether it be trawling the internet for reviews, or magazines. Even visit any camera stockists so you have the chance try one out.

As I mentioned earlier you don't have to spend a fortune to purchase a camera that's capable of taking a really sharp picture. Each to their own, but I tend not to get bogged down too much in all of the settings on mine, i'm still just an amateur "point and clicker" using the auto settings most of the time. My enjoyment and fascination stems largely from trying make the most of any location I visit. Looking at whats around me, what's in the background, trees, buildings, clouds aswell as the gradient of the land itself. There's then the challenge of trying to compose a really good picture, and most importantly clicking that little button at just the right time! :)  

Thanks David will take it on when looking for one just something that has a good zoom and when you do use zoom it nice and clear when to take the picture

Will be sending a few into CT when I get time.

Thanks David will take it on when looking for one just something that has a good zoom and when you do use zoom it nice and clear when to take the picture

Will be sending a few into CT when I get time.

Whilst i'm definitely no expert on the subject Robert, I enjoy using the extra zoom on my current camera largely for the following types of photograph:

Photographs of tractors and machinery heading directly towards me. Works well if you've more than one machine to capture in the frame. EG, a combine harvester unloading into a tractor and trailer alongside, or pairs of similar machines. EG destoners working together.

Photographs of tractors and machines heading away from me. Using lots of zoom seemed to work quite well when I was capturing my recent slurry spreading photographs, and again is useful for capturing machinery where dust maybe prevelant to create more atmoshphere and action. Whether this be soil engaging implements, or balers and combine harvesters.

Landscape photographs. If you notice a machine working quite far away against a very dramatic or idyllic backdrop. I tend to think about where i'm going to postion the machine in the viewfinder so it can be framed against the backdrop or landscape i'm aiming the camera at. The extra zoom then has the ability to compress and highlight any extra details in the back ground and what's surrounding the machine.

Using extra zoom is also great for leading you into and around a photograph. Whether your choosing to use swaths of straw and grass, or potato rows to lead the viewer to a machine and any other machinery that maybe working beyond the main subject matter. This is especially useful if you are taking photographs in a field with lots of undulations and variations in gradient.

As i've mentioned i'm no expert, just an enthusiastic amateur. The age of digital photography means you can experiment until your heart's content. Take loads of photographs from all different angles and focal lengths, aswell as from portrait and landscape perspectives, and continue to do this until you understand how to make the most of the zoom on whichever camera you choose to invest in. 

I've still lots to learn on the subject myself and there is still huge amounts of photographs I take that don't even make it off the camera onto my computer, let alone selected to post up to the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Once again David you have help me thank you very much for your tips on taking great pictures I hope one day I will be up to you standards :D

Natalie have give me a camera that she never uses its a Sony cyber shot 8.1pixels super steady shot with a optical 3x zoom it also has written on it Carl Zeiss and vario-tessar but don't know what that means ???

You're very welcome Robert, any time, and thank you for your kind comments. That sounds like the upgraded version of the Sony compact camera I was using between 2007 and 2010. Carl Zeiss is the lens manufacturer whilst I believe vario tessar refers to the specific type of lens fitted to the camera. Other than lacking in zoom I reckon you have yourself a very good compact camera to hone your skills with. I really enjoyed using the one I had and couldn't really fault it other than the limitations i've already mentioned. :)

You're very welcome Robert, any time, and thank you for your kind comments. That sounds like the upgraded version of the Sony compact camera I was using between 2007 and 2010. Carl Zeiss is the lens manufacturer whilst I believe vario tessar refers to the specific type of lens fitted to the camera. Other than lacking in zoom I reckon you have yourself a very good compact camera to hone your skills with. I really enjoyed using the one I had and couldn't really fault it other than the limitations i've already mentioned. :)

Thanks for the info on the camera David :D

Well took a day last week to go to the Barmoral show didnt get many pictures :( I know its not like me but I was really busy helping out my mum and dad but dad did get a few pictures of the ferguson stand which they put on a good show.

took this nice picture of this little ford

004-40_zpsb0daf2b4.jpg

Just a Update for anyone that follows this topic had our local road run and vintage show got some pictures for you all on here first up was the road run

My MF3085 and my friends MF362 getting wash up on Friday

001-32_zps4e3af8ae.jpg

My pride and joy all washed up :D

002-39_zps1da7da49.jpg

At the yard where we all had to meet up before the run I found this MF699 which ive asked the owner would he part with it he's thinking on it so we never know we might have a MF699 coming our yard but it dose need alot of work on the cab :-  :-[  :

003-35_zpsb0f9f8a0.jpg

your mf looks well smart rob. , mind you the 699 does look like it needs major cosmetic surgery

Thanks David I try and keep it the best I can as for the MF699 ???? well I do know where I can get my hands on a cab thats alot better than the one that on it right now.

your 3085 is a credit to you mate,i know of new tractors that are not as good as your 3085

Thanks Paul for your kind comments I love MF3000 Series and would love another one but they do take a bit of up keep with there cabs as they love rust :-

Archived