loosing faith.....?

Fendt Fahrer

It seems that some of the manufacturers have lost faith in the North American Market. I heard that both Valtra and Claas Tractors will no longer be available in North America. Aparently Deutz had also considered the same move but decided to stay.

I knew Claas were not selling many but Valtra enjoyed, what I thought a relativly good level of sales. Maybe it was just a case of too many brands for Agco.

Has anyone else heard the same ??

hello anfield. a lot of valtras does not mean they were selling at a great profit margin. i dont know what your import duty is over there but i suspect, as you do, that the agco, case and deere brands have the upper hand when offering the best deals and dealer back- up for the availability of spares. you will have to carry on the import of european tractors yourself mate,in 1/32 scale of course. ;) p.s- we had a very bad display of defending a 2-0 lead at QPR last night, reds went down 3-2.

Edited by chris.watson

I'm sure it has a lot to do with it just being so hard to go up against Deere, CNH, and Agco. I'm sure it is awfully hard to make endroads into their market share here. Also none of the brands have dealers anywhere near me, now I know that's being a little egocentric but I live in the heartland and I've never seen one of those dealers so there can't be many around.

I wondered about this too. Even in the UK Valtra and MF are chasing basically the same market/price point. A cynic might say that Agco just wanted the Sisu engine.

yeah they are basically the same tractor....I think that is why Valtra was droped here.

hello anfield. a lot of valtras does not mean they were selling at a great profit margin. i dont know what your import duty is over there but i suspect, as you do, that the agco, case and deere brands have the upper hand when offering the best deals and dealer back- up for the availability of spares. you will have to carry on the import of european tractors yourself mate,in 1/32 scale of course. ;) p.s- we had a very bad display of defending a 2-0 lead at QPR last night, reds went down 3-2.

and followed by another disaster :( spoiled millionaires they all are. I think its time to bring in the young guns and let them play.