Upload Test

Andy

hello all. i am having trouble uploading images onto the forum. i cant attach any jpg,s to my posts. i have tried adding jpg,s from my library on my desktop that i have uploaded before and they wont load either. adobe flash 9 is installed o.k on my p.c. can anyone else upload jpg,s o.k and let me know, before i get the tool box out and put the spanners to my p.c. thanks for any help with this.

see this topic

http://www.farmtoysf...100#entry488756

Complete instructions

thanks for the reply sue. have read the pages you suggested, but the problem is i am adding posts in the more reply button as i always do, but when i attach files/images the upload black banner goes from left to right as usual and when reaches its total mb upload, it just wont load.all images i have tried are under 2 mb. any ideas. Edited by chris.watson

or Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader

i usually use advanced uploader. have tried to use basic but cant get on with it. can you try to upload a jpg yourself to see if yours will work? the only thing i dont get while uploading is the message x amount of total upload used of ...., hope you understand what i mean.

I have just uploaded something with no problem.

More things to check will be:

Your version of Internet Explorer. Make sure its up to date.

Also Make sure your version of flash is up to date (this shouldnt be a problem if you have uploaded ok before).

Update Chris!

I have checked and the image you are trying to upload has some strange 'compression' occuring, e.g. it says its 2mb (or under) but it's actually not.

I resized the image to half its original and hey presto it worked.

post-3-0-88616700-1334992291_thumb.jpg

well i seemed to be posting o.k now.for anyone else that may have trouble in the future, i reduced my sony cyber shot down from 4m to 3m and that seemed to sort it out. although previous jpg's were under 2mb on 4m, 3m puts jpg,s to 1.5 mb, and seem to load o.k. by the way, this test pic is of my staffy/lab. he is called Ted.post-3323-0-29794500-1335018812_thumb.jp