some new holland info.

chris.watson

well today as it was raining our new holland dealer, ernest does, took us down county to the new holland factory at basildon, where we toured the production line.at basildon they assemble all parts that have come from all over europe into the finished machines. basildon produces all world wide new holland tractors in the 100hp to 280 hp, the t8 and t9 being built in the u.s.a, and sub 100hp tractors in italy.what really suprised me today was that all tractors on the line were built to order, to a specific spec. a t7 model could be in front of a t6 model, which could be in front of a 6090. the tier 3 engined 6000 and 7000 series are still made for export to areas outside the e.u where restictions on emisions do not apply.on each tractor spec sheet that came down the line,it had the destination on it. four tractors that i looked at all in a row were destined for brazil, u.k and two to the u.s.a. case pumas and maxxums that are sold in europe come from the austrian factory, and the pumas and maxxums for the rest of the world are built at basildon. it was strange to see red and blue being built in the same line, all to different specs.125, yes 125 pre sold, built to order tractors roll of the line at basildon EACH DAY. amazing. we were not permited to take photos inside the plant, it was all a bit secretive, so i snapped some shots outside and in the entrace for all you die hard blue fans.also a couple of shots from does yard. a plus point for me was a free u/h t7 union jack model tractor. another interesting fact i found out today is that basildon produced ,in its production run, 13000 units of the iconic 7810! if you ever get the chance to go and have a look at the plant, give it a go. i found it really interesting, especially as they said the other day they had a john deere in there in pieces to see how it was put together!!. 900 people are employed on the site and the covered factory buildings equate to 10 hectares, so a big set up. artic lorrys file out of the gate with 3 tractors apiece constantly. its strange to believe that every one leaving the plant is sold, and this is only one brand and a couple of ranges from their portfolio of models.post-3323-0-16635200-1335291630_thumb.jppost-3323-0-92901600-1335291669_thumb.jppost-3323-0-57160600-1335291703_thumb.jppost-3323-0-37312700-1335291752_thumb.jppost-3323-0-32457800-1335291794_thumb.jppost-3323-0-88748000-1335291837_thumb.jppost-3323-0-61749900-1335291884_thumb.jppost-3323-0-81009300-1335291930_thumb.jppost-3323-0-29615400-1335291986_thumb.jppost-3323-0-84653000-1335292050_thumb.jppost-3323-0-11708300-1335292101_thumb.jppost-3323-0-69863900-1335292147_thumb.jppost-3323-0-71109300-1335292185_thumb.jppost-3323-0-98817000-1335291545_thumb.jppost-3323-0-58233300-1335291590_thumb.jp

I think the Fastracs are still made in the UK too so that makes 2 factories!

your spot on mrol, they do make the fastrac in the u.k, but i suppose i really associate them still as a construction brand. the volume they produce though doesnt come near what the old massey, case[then mcormick]factories used to pump out. is the fastrac a big seller outside the u.k?

hello andy, our ernest doe's depot is at braintree, about 4 miles from the farm. with philpots on your patch you must have some nice big kit to gaze at!!

Some bigger kit just outside of braintree chris ;)

a lot of big kit around us pingu, peter fairs farms just up the road from us, he comes from great tey. is this who you mean?

Yup, and as far as I can gather were bigger now then philpots individual farms (not the whole family as a whole though) but there's a few rumors spreading at the moment with them

Nope I work for Bradshaws, been totaling up the areas for people locally and it's amazing how many are the 3k mark and the differences in kit :of

theres a farm in the next village to me at gt. bardfield called park hall. thats farmed by a contractor called bradshaw. is that you?

That most certainly is Chris we've farmed that for a couple of years now having turned it around! Got park hall and Great Lodge there all being the same farm :)

well it is a small world. i live about 2 miles away in finchingfield. crops on that farm have definately improved since your firm took it over. your hedge cutting, who ever does it, looks a treat. years ago my family owned the four elms mills horse feed plant up the road from park hall. we sold it in the seventies. the old manager at park hall, who sadly drowned in the resevoir feeding his ducks, was a freind of mine.

Was a terrible story with the old manager and it's amazing how many people we met that knew him well so must be sorely missed, but it's amazing how small a world it is.

well it is a small world. i live about 2 miles away in finchingfield. crops on that farm have definately improved since your firm took it over. your hedge cutting, who ever does it, looks a treat. years ago my family owned the four elms mills horse feed plant up the road from park hall. we sold it in the seventies. the old manager at park hall, who sadly drowned in the resevoir feeding his ducks, was a freind of mine.

hi chris andy here.my dad used to work for s g radcliff at sailing hall.we used to live at one of his other farms at hatfield peveral, mowden hall .my dad has retired now.didnt replace him just two men and a summer helper now run three farms.