Calling Lord Ferguson - odd 575 ?

MDFord

That's a French built export model Mark... for the German market only I believe. I think it was to comply with their road regulations mate.

Looks to be in good order as well.

It's a little known fact that all UK and French built 500 series models were supplied right from the start of production with a two door cab for some export markets such as Scandinavia. We only got it in 1979 when I suspect Massey Ferguson wanted to rationalise their production parts lists if the truth be told.

Some 500's also had an escape hatch roof where I believe the entire roof would come off in the event of the tractor falling through ice

Thanks for the info Marky. I suppose it's been imported from mainland Europe then. How can you tell it's a Frenchie ?

Looks very tidy indeed as you say Tim, I always likes the look of 575/590's especially on "wide" 30" rears.

Go on Lord F get the cheque book out - you know you want to.....

I'm pretty sure those wings were never fitted at Banner Lane Mark ... as for the cheque book... I've just been threatened with castration by the lovely Mrs F... I came home with a new quad bike the other week and I'd somehow 'forgotten' to mention that I'd taken the money from our joint buliding socitey account to pay for it :-[