The Peter Baron Britains Farm Collection

tractorman314

I have had a quick browse through the listings and i must say there are some very nice items for sale.

I am now hoping that my lottery numbers come up before the 27th of June. Here's Hoping. Pleazzee.................................................................................................................................

tractorman314.

• 4 weeks later...

A few I'd earmarked went for surprising prices:

• Powerfarm 8830 MIB: £50 (!)
  • Hurliman H468 MIB: £80
  • Deutz Allis MIB: £80
  • Brown Fiat 90-90, TW-20, 2 small Fords, all MIB: £80
  • Rare Blue Valmet: £340 (rarer than I'd thought)
  • Fiat Hesston 580DT: £140
  • Near mint MF 590 (unboxed): £70

Some of the old implements -especially unusual colour variations- made remarkable amounts:

• #9533 rollers in metallic blue & purple, MIMB: £500!! Never drink and bid.
  • #9540 manure spreaders MIB x4, some rare colours: £140. Bit more reasonable.
  • #9546 & #9555: 70s plough sets x4, all NMIB to MIB: £420. Yikes
  • #9548 Rear Dumps in orange - black, and grey - gun metal (?), plus other MIBs: £400. Dumps visible to room bidders only I think.
  • Various accessories including 2 boxed yellow Vermeer round balers: £120. I was 1 bid away from this :(

#9630 Industrial Fordson and Shawnee Poole Rear Dump went for a respectable £800, although similar examples have made a lot more in the past.

It was an interesting sale. I was in attendance in the room. The rare implements caught many by surprise although the trailer one was particularly high! I'm not sure whether they mixed up grey with green on the description as I didn't notice a grey rear dump. The orange one always does well though. I got what I wanted though, the promotional plough. :)

As far as I know the kv vari-width plow is exactly the same as the normal britains version. Even the innertray in the box is the same as the one in the britains window box. The only thing which is different is the outer 'promotional box' .

To be honest I was suprised by the spade wheeled fordson ddn which was not in mint condition. It did 700 GBP.

And as far as I know the orange rear dump is extremly rare, nobody seems to know how many are produced of this trailer. I know that they were sold at the nurnberg toyshow in germany. So I think they did the first run in orange.

As far as I know the kv vari-width plow is exactly the same as the normal britains version. Even the innertray in the box is the same as the one in the britains window box. The only thing which is different is the outer 'promotional box' .

To be honest I was suprised by the spade wheeled fordson ddn which was not in mint condition. It did 700 GBP.

And as far as I know the orange rear dump is extremly rare, nobody seems to know how many are produced of this trailer. I know that they were sold at the nurnberg toyshow in germany. So I think they did the first run in orange.

They were at the Britains Toyfair (I think it was) in London as part of their 1992 range, but I don't know if they were sold widely in those colours in the UK.

Welcome to the forum by the way Jacky! Where are you from?