Britains heaven!

BRITAINSMAD

Took all the Britains out of the storage boxes a couple of days ago and put them on shelves. Looks like I now have a toy shop in my house!

There's also a few odds and ends scattered around the floor area there too from other brands.

This still isn't all - I need to invest in more shelving

Enjoy!

b3f22699.jpg

Stunning collection there BM, may i ask how long have you been collecting Britains models, i have been collecting Britains stuff on and off for about 5 years now.

What shop in Hereford was that Barry, i remember Chadds had a good collection of Britains stuff many moons ago and there is Hereford model shop who did until a few years ago held a good stock, oh there was a shop called Goldings back in the 70s if i can remember a big fire closed it down around 1983.

It was Goldings, was my place of worship until the fire!!!

Then I bought from a little shop in the corner of the Butter Market, glass fronted cabinets with Britains lined up on the shelves, and downstairs in Chadds, happy days :wub:

3 years wow, as said in a earlier post some close up pics of your collection would be lovely.

Oh yea Barry i remember ther butter market toy shop, my dad got me a old yellow Massey 135 with loader from there when i was a nipper, wish i still had it now they had the whole range there, remember looking at powerfarm Countys in that place when i was a bit older wishing i had the pocket money to buy one!!!!.. Happy days indeed. Sadley that toy shop is now long gone..

Very nice and even more so to have them out on display. For now, my collection is gradually building up but will have to reside in the attic but I hope to have somewhere to display them if not at this house then certainly at out next.

• 2 months later...

A serious question about your lovely collection. What fun is it to leave them in the box? You like to re create the feeling of a toy shop or doesn't want to get them dusty? I agree they are a lot easier to clean off!

• 2 years later...

Archived