Farming Yesteryear at Scone Palace near Perth Sunday 9th September 2012

BC

The Scottish Vintage Tractor and Engine Club will be holding its annual rally at Scone Palace near Perth on Sunday 9th of September 2012. The Tractor of the year will be th MF35X celebrating its 5oth year. Looking at the forecast for the weekend its looking good. I will be down with my 1951 International Farmall Club and this will be its last outing for the 2012 rally season.

Any members planning attending :huh:

http://www.svtec.org/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640358

Hope to see you there James and HWS Plant hire. I can't remember the exibit number I am but is the 1951 Cub Reg CSJ 249 but it only has a rear number plate. I have met you James a few times now but be sure and give me a shout HWS Plant Hire if you see me at / with my tractor. I can appreciate the harvest has to come first though.

Edited by BC

I think the forecast is looking good Joe. I will probably be down any time from 7am / 7.30am and not away until 7.30 pm since its a nightmare of a show to get away from due to the sheer size. I prefer having tea and then straight run home which well I need about 1and 3.4 hours to get home.Day off Monday to unload and recover ;D ;D

Will make it on Sunday, having a spot of trouble with fendt 936s brakes, well lack of brakes and fendt won't come out to fix it until Wednesday next week, have a feeling Sunday could put a dent in the wallet as ba toys is going to be there this year,

Looks to have been a nice day weather wise Joe but it did not look very busy spectator wise :huh:

Thanks for taking the time to put these up here Joe...that G&J Jack Atkinson with the mock fish boxes is a very very nice looking lorry and trailer.

That's two consecutive years I have missed this show ( I was at the last one held in Forfar at the garden centre in 1984 before moving to Scone and have only missed two) but I plan to be back again next year ;D ;D

hi joe long story i started with ashers for 16 years and moved to graham`s , to make the ice cream but the weekend work is for ashers , even the graham`s ice cream vans are owned and operated by the asher family . thats my second job and the one that lets me buy all the lovely models and get into so many shows free

Edited by mr softie
  • Like 1