John Deere 2650 sg2 2wd

Started into this one today to go with my original 2140, had a spare 3 hours, most of the cutting and fiddling done now, just a bit of filing and all the fiddly bits to make up for it. Also not sure wether to use the powerstar engine or the cast one on the original casting.

Ill badge it 2650 or 2040xe, ill probably put a quickie/jd loader on it too.

Will also be making another 2850 with front linkage as ive a plan for a hardi sprayer combo

71583ad3.jpg

c6d174ba.jpg

Yes it was yours that gave me the idea and motivation to take at it. The imbers perfect as the saves buying wheels or 2wd axels too, and even the side bonnet vents are perfect size. Getting it to this stage has take about 4-5 hours against at least 15-16 hours cutting and footering at the ertl on the 2140 i did, and this is turning out to be a much more accurate model.

Didnt do any modifying, just got lucky really, its a dave twose tank on the old britains sprayer platform and guess its just slightly bigger tank makes it all sit so well, still need to make up some sprayer controls and decals for it yet, was initially going to be put on the 6410 with a front mount, but think its better on the little tractor although badly needs some front weights now!!

Yeah i think thats why, it all fitted together perfectly, just had to drill a few holes in bottom of tank to allow it to sit on the frame. Its actually a very tight squeeze to get it fitted on as the tanks hitting the mudguards when hitching up. Im still not overly happy with the shade of yellow on the tank yet, maybe third time lucky getting the right shade