Help needed on how to dismantle a Britain's Magrus Deutz Iveco Animal Transporter

BC

Question

I have recently bought an unboxed No 9580 Britain's Magirus Deutz Iveco Animal transporter. I plan to do some small changes and then "rope on" two damaged unboxed models I have.

P1030701.jpg

I would like to remove the cab and the glazing and convert to right had drive and also respray the cab. What is the best way to do this :huh: ...I see there is a little black piece of the dashboard sticking through the front windscreen.

In addition I want to add rope hooks to the shims....would paper clips be the best "metal" to use for this :huh:

Finally I would like to respray the body and how easy it it to remove it from the chassis....I see there is a metal stub under the first prop shaft. Its not crucial I remove the body but it would save time masking up.

P1030720.jpg

P1030721.jpg

P1030722.jpg

P1030723.jpg

4 answers to this question

The cab comes off the base pretty easy, the catch in the first pic where the Q tip is propping it up holds the cab on. A gentle tug here on the plastic catch and the cab will fall away forwards clearing the black tag in the windscreen. Somebody asked once before how to remove the cab and I posted it in another thread, but you can remove the whole tilting cab assembly which makes the job easier by turning the model upside down and pushing out the little tag by the front number plate forward, its basically a U shaped tag which hold the tilting part of the cab to the chassis.

I have taken the rear body off one of these before, I think there is a rivet under the prop shaft maybe, by the exhaust. There is also a catch at back end that holds it on, I will try and dig mine out again for a look.

Paper clips might look the part when used as rope cleats, easy to shape and cut as well. A bit of super glue should keep them in place maybe?

Thanks Dale I was just a bit nervous at attempting my first 1/32 dismantle....taking vintage tractor's to pieces don't scare me but I have no experience in 1/32 models hence I thought I had better ask first. When it comes to painting that does not fear me but I think I will read again convo's (aka Peter Hardy's) articles in Model Farmer.