if there is enough intrest in these i will get some produced

what you think so far ??

cheers

Reece

• Like 1

ok guys il shed some light on it all

starting with the printer

its a UP 3D printer and prints any 3D CAD design that is with in the build area

the printer prints layer by layer .2mm thick there is over 600 layers in the body of the mixer and took over 4 hours to complete

the spiral augers where also over 600 layers and took close to 6 hours because of all the support structures it had to create

this is the site i bought mine from and has more info http://bilbycnc.com....nes/cncUP3D.asp

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0018-1.jpg

its not the wagon thats my first print is a rabbit ha ha!

Edited by Spud

ok now down to the design

i use a program called Bonzia 3D its not to bad to use if you are familiar with other CAD programs

i used the dimensions showed on the kuhn site and scaled it down and created the model

mixerwagoncad.jpg

mixerwagoncad1.jpg

mixerwagoncad2.jpg

hope this helps answer your questions

cheers

Reece

Nice one Reece, very interesting.

I think this is an area many of us are interested in, but lack any knowledge, so the more information from you, the better!

I would love to buy one of these, but I'm worried about the CAD programming side (How easy it is......even though I use a CAD programme all day to design kitchens!!!!) and I can guarantee as soon as I buy one, a better and cheaper one will come out!!!!! Will probably wait for 5-10 years :)

ok here it is kinda finnished its a bit rushed but still a proto type, not reall happy with it, it seems to big might have to scale it down a bit

its on a mc 130

here are some pics

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

cheers

Reece

Edited by Spud

intresting , doesnt look as hard to do as i thought ,as for the model, wonder if its the chassis frame and wheels thats making it look to tall and big?? maybe smaller wheels, and a thinner chassis would bring it down ,could you print the chassis out to scale, and maybe the wheels to??

Very nice Spud.

Be nice to hear how you arrived at this point.

How did you model it on the PC and how the printer works etc?

No, in all seriousness this 3D printing thing looks like the next big turn around in model making and this being the first topic on here covering the process is very interesting. Will enjoy seeing how this progresses and what else you can do.

• Like 1

intresting , doesnt look as hard to do as i thought ,as for the model, wonder if its the chassis frame and wheels thats making it look to tall and big?? maybe smaller wheels, and a thinner chassis would bring it down ,could you print the chassis out to scale, and maybe the wheels to??

yeah thats my next thinking

i made the design a while ago and i need to find my dimensions again on it all, i think i based it on a tandem axle version

• 2 weeks later...

Really like this topic and all the discussion about the 3D printing. I'll never be able to buy one but seeing the possibilities it could/would bring is fantastic. Look forward to following your progress with the program and the printer. :)