What did you buy at the Spalding Autumn Show 2012

Just as with any of the other major model shows that take place during the course of the year please list and discuss any of your purchases from today's Spalding Autumn Show here.

Whilst my own collection is still very much in limbo awaiting to be revamped and re-christened back at my parents, I hadn't added anything towards it for quite some time, until today.

Sticking with the classic theme i've chosen to follow here's what i've brought home with me today:

M.A.P John Deere 4440

M.F.M Ford 9700 2wd

Universal Hobbies Ford TW-35 bubble cab.

PDC Massey Ferguson 3115

PDC Massey Ferguson 3095 2wd

F.T.F Britains Case IH 956XL transition model

Stephen Frater Case IH 956XL 2wd transition model

Stephen Frater Case IH 956XL 2wd later model.

Just as with any of the other major model shows that take place during the course of the year please list and discuss any of your purchases from today's Spalding Autumn Show here.

Whilst my own collection is still very much in limbo awaiting to be revamped and re-christened back at my parents, I hadn't added anything towards it for quite some time, until today.

Sticking with the classic theme i've chosen to follow here's what i've brought home with me today:

M.A.P John Deere 4440

M.F.M Ford 9700 2wd

Universal Hobbies Ford TW-35 bubble cab.

PDC Massey Ferguson 3115

PDC Massey Ferguson 3095 2wd

F.T.F Britains Case IH 956XL transition model

Stephen Frater Case IH 956XL 2wd transition model

Stephen Frater Case IH 956XL 2wd later model.

any pictures David, especially those 2 PDC masseys? :laugh:

any pictures David, especially those 2 PDC masseys? :laugh:

I will do tommorow Matthew if the weather is decent as I haven't really got a suitable place set up in my house to take decent photographs of them. Paul has done a fantastic job on the 3000 series conversions. Chuffed to bits to have filled a couple more gaps in that particular line up of mine. :)

I will do tommorow Matthew if the weather is decent as I haven't really got a suitable place set up in my house to take decent photographs of them. Paul has done a fantastic job on the 3000 series conversions. Chuffed to bits to have filled a couple more gaps in that particular line up of mine. :)

okay thanks David :)

Here you go Matthew and for anyone else who's interested, my pair of wonderful Massey Ferguson 3000 series tractors converted by Paul Capon.

The 2wd 3095 is based upon a real tractor I photographed at York machinery sale many years ago. Paul has installed the Britains John Deere 4020 front axle and UH Claas Celtis rear wheels. I'm absolutely delighted with how this tractor has turned out. I now have four different variations of 3095 from four different custom builders residing in my collection.

IMGmf3000_0002_zpsb5ed16d4.jpg

P1250512_zps3ec70436.jpg

Whilst here's the 3115 which was built for me on the basis of child hood memories I have of a real one that once worked close to where I used to live. It has an alternative set of red painted front weights and repainted rims shod much fatter rubber than the original UH tractor. Again i'm absolutely smitten with this conversion and owe Paul a huge amount of thanks for building these models especially for me. Thank you. I'm now really looking forward to delivering them to my parents and having them lined up with the rest of my 3000 series variations which now totals nine different models.

P1250513_zps4310ab7f.jpg

• Like 2

Sweet models, David. Paul is a super bloke for accommodating personal variations of his models. Owning a PDC Farm Model is nice enough in itself but when there is a story behind why you bought it, it's even better. :) :)

• Like 2

• my purchases were; miniaagripassion jd 4240s 4wd and 2wd 3140.
  • pdc jd 3120 convo
  • britains jd 4020 4wd with hiniker cab.
  • dave towse muir- hill 121.
  • rep-agri fiat 1300dt.
  • universal hobbies n/h cr 9090 combine on tracks.
  • universal hobbies valtra 6850 mezzo.
  • universal hobbies landini powermaster.
  • universal hobbies deutz ttv430
  • ros fiat 1580 dt.
  • schuco fendt favorit 626 LSA.
  • britains standard jd 4020 4wd.

very smart David, do you know where the wheels for the 3115 came from?

Thanks Matthew, Paul has done a top job of converting both tractors. The 3115 is on it's original rims that have been given a makeover. It is now fitted with front tyres from a Siku Massey Ferguson 5455 and rears from a Universal Hobbies Deutz TTV. :)

Sweet models, David. Paul is a super bloke for accommodating personal variations of his models. Owning a PDC Farm Model is nice enough in itself but when there is a story behind why you bought it, it's even better. :) :)

Over the moon with them both Tris and certainly echo your comments regards Paul. It's great have a model built to a photograph like the 3095 or memories of the real machine like the 3115. Looking through my older scanned images i've one or two other potential ideas to continue this theme. :)

Well the Memory Lane shelf will be growing more yet then!

I certainly hope so Tris, thoroughly enjoying sticking to one or two very specific themes now. I'm enjoying collecting ( when I have the opportunity and a few pennies saved ) so much more as a result. Desperately keen to get my cabinets set back up now. :)

Wholeheartedly agree, David. The frequency of my purchases has well and truly dropped in recent years but the novelty and appreciation has grown for the same reasons you have pointed out. My Britains re-collection for the nostalgia and memories ans the machines I've used collection for the novelty and personal connection. :)

• my purchases were; miniaagripassion jd 4240s 4wd and 2wd 3140.
  • pdc jd 3120 convo
  • britains jd 4020 4wd with hiniker cab.
  • dave towse muir- hill 121.
  • rep-agri fiat 1300dt.
  • universal hobbies n/h cr 9090 combine on tracks.
  • universal hobbies valtra 6850 mezzo.
  • universal hobbies landini powermaster.
  • universal hobbies deutz ttv430
  • ros fiat 1580 dt.
  • schuco fendt favorit 626 LSA.
  • britains standard jd 4020 4wd.

Hi Chris,

can you post a picture of the Muir Hill 121?

Thanks, Jack.