Lemken Furrow press and arm

Ha ha, that has been a real head scratcher, I've got the catch made, just the mechanism to do (might have to cheat, i.e miss it off!!!!)

You don't want to do that to much, you only have to look at Tris's hair style to see what happens when you scratch your head alot :P:D :D

Wooooah!!! At least my hair line is still at the front of my head, Gav! :P :ha ha!: :ha ha!: :ha ha!:

Barry this really is fine work mate and the trouble you have gone to on the research part of the project has really paid off in getting your model nigh on perfect, in a word so to speak :ha ha!:

• 2 weeks later...

So, at the moment the plough will sit on a Wiking Fendt 828, but the linkage arms were to close together for the plough

P1080218.jpg

So I bend them into position with some pliers

P1080219.jpg

The universal attachment already taken off ready to be shaped

P1080217.jpg

Re-shaped and linkage arms fitted

P1080221.jpg

This is really, really smart Barry. No mess, no heavy handed battering about..... You must be very patient both in the research and the building mate. This one small piece won't even look like a retro fitted part by the time you have finished.

Nice job there Barry, its a hydraulic ram that sits in the end of the press arm to operate the release catch. I have mine plumbed into the turnover ram supply so I can pull the spool lever back to release the press and it then resets itself when I push the lever forwards at the headland to turn the plough over. Some people have it on a seperate line but my old tractor didn't have enough spools for that so done it this way, I have also seen it plumbed into the trailer brake connection so all you have to do is tap the brakes to release it.

• Like 1

Not really an accurate bit done tonight, but I wanted the plough's standing leg to "work".

Cut the leg off and glued some pins into the places I cut the leg off

P1080234.jpg

Trimmed the pins back

P1080236.jpg

Drilled some holes in the leg so it can sit on new rests

P1080237.jpg

Made sure one of the holes was in the correct place so the plough stands up right!

P1080238.jpg

• Like 1