Through Ol's eyes in NZ. updated 4/june/14

Light Land

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pictures Ol. Hope the sheep will make some money.

Texas

I hope so too Bas,in the end the money will end up with you haha.

nice updates ol,what new holland is that on the plough? and same as the others have said,good to see the old stubble alight

T7070 auto command Paul with the dauls off, The boss hates 710 tyres like the UK often have. 480 x2 at 10psi is cheaper and pulls beter he says. I only plough 15'' furrows 25cm deep any more and the tractor can't pull it so the narrow wheels fit in the furrow.

• 5 months later...

Just taking my time Pat plus with the Dyna 6 transmission all the power can get used together with the legs taken off so the ploughing can be pushed down it can be done ans saves me taking the drill off the T7070. We have a new HE-VA 8.3 mtr roller now to push down ploughing even though the DD roller on the samba works very well it'll speed things up abit.

Just taking my time Pat plus with the Dyna 6 transmission all the power can get used together with the legs taken off so the ploughing can be pushed down it can be done ans saves me taking the drill off the T7070. We have a new HE-VA 8.3 mtr roller now to push down ploughing even though the DD roller on the samba works very well it'll speed things up abit.

• 4 months later...

Times marching on, due to the wet weather I've been at the onions when trucks have been available and have started drilling milling wheat most afternoons once the frost has lifted while the weather has been fine. Saw this neat looking bit of kit at a dealers yard while out for a drive on queens birthday holiday.

Nice wee tractor with 3 speed power shift.

DSC_0018_zpsa9c578be.jpg

Nice we spot at the bottom of the world.

DSC_0019_zps7018ab65.jpg

Hardly a main stream brand here but nice to see.

DSC_0016_zpsd1643492.jpg

Yes Pat a 4mtr disc drill as the farm is heading towards a direct drilling and ploughing when needed system and less min tillage with the simba sl. The drill is a good fit for the 130hp massey. Lands hard working this year due to being so wet at harvest.

Archived