KV Ploughs

I got the UH Kverneland ploughs from Udi at Spalding but wanted a 5 furrow, so...

kv_0005.jpg

kv_0006.jpg

kv_0007.jpg

Not sure if they ever made a 3f full vari-width, but the bits were left over. :)

kv_0009.jpg

I want a 5 furrow too!!!! :)

Is it a simple 'cut and shut' John?

It's pretty straightforward, Barry. Carefully break the glue on the bar that controls the variwidth, and remove the furrows, 2 screws each. Cut beam at a screw hole and glue the new bit on, redrill the hole, refit furrows and glue bar back in place.

so have you added anothe furrow john or took one off,how many furrows when you got the plough,that sounds better

They are 4 furrows as standard, so ended up with a 5 & 3. :)

Not sure about the six?  The original 4 f  is a lightweight version so I expect there are light and heavyweight 5 furrows in the KV range so this 5F convo is fine but surely all KV 6F ploughs will be big heavy bruisers like the LD85 for JD7000series and that size ::)

Thanks for the info John.

Looks like there is a 3 furrow version available 

Kvenenland 150 s Variomat

Thanks, Barry, should've checked. :-[

Not sure about the six?  The original 4 f  is a lightweight version so I expect there are light and heavyweight 5 furrows in the KV range so this 5F convo is fine but surely all KV 6F ploughs will be big heavy bruisers like the LD85 for JD7000series and that size ::)

The beam size doesn't get massively bigger up to 6f but the headstock goes up to the 200 on the ES and ED

Did u make the sumo weight block as well that looks good

Yes, made from card.  Thanks.

Lovely work there John, the sumo weight block looks very smart.

With Kv ploughs you could spec what horsepower rating the headstock has, when we got our ld100 5f there were two models, one with a 160 (I think) headstock and one like ours with the 240. No differences in the rest of the plough I don't think

• 2 weeks later...

Archived