• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what happed

yes what happened mate :'(

Tried the pre-treatment of the cladded ends with clear varnish as a stiffener. ... .they went soggy and had - with great difficulty, a Dremel and a craft knife not to mention a little bit of patieeeeeence in a Take That stylee - to be removed.. .. ... ..  and binned. 

As you can see, I can see the lighter side to my tragedy. 

We all learn the hard way most of the time    Hope it goes better next time

Is it that craft card that you where cladding with :-\      did you try using polyester varnish ??? as it is thicker usually than most

Regards  SMurF

Its called HAZA Original or something, it looks this bizzle but I could see any paint warping it so wanted to stop this happening. It did it anyway!!! A chap in a model shop said to try liquid silicon in an aerosol. Think I'll do some on scrap bits first!!  ::)

May I sugest some 1/64 ply from a good model shop

stick the card to it with contact adhesive    As this will allow it to bend around the profile of the foof and it will streanghthen the card for the sides and back

Just a thought :-\

Cheers boys. Me being grumpy will never get the job done. That ply sounds good Smurf,don't want it too thick but at 1/64 that could just be the magic I need.

12:52 am

Your the keenest of beans!!!!  ;D

• 2 weeks later...