Down at Deere-ests - Leverets Farm

Deere-est

Pretty chuffed you might say MD yeah, everytime I stand back I think . . .aaah should have done this, should have done that but then. . .don't we all? So yeah I am very happy the way she has come along, just need to do a down pipe on the silo side of the workshop and thats about ti really. Then it's on to a new idea for the layout. Cheers too to TM190, yeah some tyre tracks wouldn't hurt to be honest but.. . well it isn't raining on Deere-est Acres so we'll leave it for now!!  :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tris what was your process for the dirtying it up then ???

You'll kick yourself Ben.

Dirt!!  :D

Rubbed in with a finger and a tny bit of water if dry, or after todays downpour. . the dirt was wet enough.

You'll kick yourself Ben.

Dirt!!  :D

Rubbed in with a finger and a tny bit of water if dry, or after todays downpour. . the dirt was wet enough.

best way, like Marcus and the tattie boxes! ;D

Cheers guys  :)

COWBOY if you go back a few pages there are pics of the shed kitted out with shelves and tools etc, it is bare at the moment as I have been moving it around a lot. Should have it all back inside again soon though.

Smallclaas, thank you kind sir .. what I need now is a nice modern shed to fit in behind it  ;) ;) ::)

farmermarshall if I had the time mate I would build you a mansion!!

Thanks to Richard and Will FW there.Complimenst greatly received.

The concrete is Polyfilla levelled and tamped just as real concrete is. The cracks are simply scored in with an edge,not too sharp though.

Thanks to Richard and Will FW there.Complimenst greatly received.

The concrete is Polyfilla levelled and tamped just as real concrete is. The cracks are simply scored in with an edge,not too sharp though.

Oh great, sounds simple enough. Cheers for that. :)

Oh my god tris, that looks fantastic mate.

What have you done with all your stuff you bought, e.g. the post knocker, the feed barriers??

Excellent. I think I may have to try some poly filla. Another good reason for using it is it would also mean you didn't need to use the best wood for a base. Will try that on my layout!

Well done again!

The bits I bought are shelved at the moment Jez, the barriers are going along the front of a shed I bought last year from Farmermarshall after I have kncked some walls down and stuff. The knocker is on a shelf in my bedroom. The display is coming along but I have knowhere permenant to show it off with the machinery etc so at the moment it is being built as individual pieces which butt up together and the models are either on shelves or littering the spare room!!  :D

Thanks for the commments by the way  :)

The bits I bought are shelved at the moment Jez, the barriers are going along the front of a shed I bought last year from Farmermarshall after I have kncked some walls down and stuff. The knocker is on a shelf in my bedroom. The display is coming along but I have knowhere permenant to show it off with the machinery etc so at the moment it is being built as individual pieces which butt up together and the models are either on shelves or littering the spare room!!  :D

Thanks for the commments by the way  :)

You are allowed tractors in your bedroom?  8);D::) I am limited to the garage!! Well impressed with the concrete effect, how thick did you make it and any idea how much area a pack would do?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Jex I just buy the smallest box of Polyfilla from any DIY store and it goes a fair way. It will all get used up somewhen I expect. It's dead simple just follow prompt in the Hints and Tips section that Britfarmer started.

Got bored so I got the workshop out and got all the little bits and pieces out fo there hidey hole and got it all set up again. Nothing is glued into position inside and putting all the bit in took about 30mins with a pair of tweezers. It will not be moved for some time now!!!  :D :D :D

Wish I could get a big area in the attic sorted to lay it all down properly. One day!!

post-227-132638603369_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638603373_thumb.jpg

That's seriously pretty, Tris - just think what you could do with a whole table ;)

Cheers Mandy. I never thought joining FTF would see me building a farm up. The site has opened up so much for me in this hobby.

Talking of tables, I am hoping (if I get my batty in gear) to have two more sheds built and get the lot on display at Toytrac but that is not even in the diary in pencil.