Scottish National Tractor Show 21st/22nd Sept 2013

Valley Axe Man

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to seeing you and Shirley too Kenny 8);) ..... always good to see you both,

That's a bit of a disappointment for you Mark because I know you were looking forward to coming to the show. Never mind work commitments can't be helped and as you say there's always next year ;)   I'll be seeing you soon anyway bud 8)

Aye that's what we doing too Shaun, Travel up on Friday, be glad to get a few days away from work :) , two displays nearly packed and County almost finished...... just a few odds and ends to sort out now that's left and roll on Friday!!!!! >:D

My plan is to be there again...assuming I can leave Orkney since I really wished I had booked a longer stay up hear despite the wind and rain today since I will be inside all day at day two of the Orcades model show ;D  ;D

yes Kenny an island of few trees and no traffic lights unless there are temporary roadworks. In addition I have heard it was not long since roundabout's were introduced in Kirkwall and I have been told some older drivers refused point blank to drive into Kirkwall after that ;D  ;D

I haven't booked enough time here to see what needs to be seen so I think "I'll be back"

I got back in to Aberdeen at 7 am this morning Paul and I was nearly in need of bags a couple of times since the the first few hours were very rough....however I managed to make it to the wee boys room in time. I made the mistake by setting up camp in the plusher pointed end of the ferry instead of the plainer part at the blunt end. By hey ho after some fresh air out on the rear deck and then a dose on a chair close to the exit door I was able to set up camp in the cinema and managed to grab 2 to 3 hours sleep. Me thinks I will have a few hours catch up to do this week for an early Lanark start on Saturday morning...plus what have a let myself in for...Rob Beeton phoned to ask if I would judge the tractors since his judge had backed out and in a moment of madness I said yes ...however I'm working on a helper on the basis " twa heids are better than yin"

If I were a betting chap..Kenny... me thinks maybe thee were involved in the head hunt (or last minute back up)....and me being me. I  like to help out when ever I can..and in a moment of madness said yes..anyway delighted to have been asked and I will do the job to the best of my ability >:(  >:(

I arrived at the show around 3.30 pm today and all the usual suspects were there either having set up or in the process of setting up. Graham and Michelle are there as is Kenny and Shirley Beeton, Shaun and Carol Myatt, Paul and Lynn Whitehead and Damian and Hazel Hampson. Well I'm not set up but I have acquired more plastic carrier bags so many thanks to Paul and Damian and Hazel for those. 8)

Yet to see the unveiling of Paul's County and Lynn's baking but well that will be something else to look forward to tomorrow ;D  ;D

Archived