Know your tractor.....Know your ground...

Findaclip.co.uk has uploaded it and they are a brandnew website ive emailed them.and i hope i can buy it in dvd form as thid film.is a gem ild like any publuc info films from the 70s-80s im.also after the merger advert with a magpie case 1694 4wdand a red and creame international 885 xl 4wd where they both come out yhe other end in.the caseih livery dpne in 1985

You'd probably most likely to find these old films, especially the farm safety ones at the Reading University in their English Life and Heritage department, I don't know weather they sell any copies or no but worth contacting them and asking. As for the David Brown/Case IH films the D.B Club managed several years ago to put all the films David Brown and their successors made onto VHS and latterly on DVD, I've got them all on VHS plus one they've never seen which is a service training film for the early 90 Series tractors concentrating on pre-delivery inspection and servicing for the dealership fitters and mechanics.

You'd probably most likely to find these old films, especially the farm safety ones at the Reading University in their English Life and Heritage department, I don't know weather they sell any copies or no but worth contacting them and asking. As for the David Brown/Case IH films the D.B Club managed several years ago to put all the films David Brown and their successors made onto VHS and latterly on DVD, I've got them all on VHS plus one they've never seen which is a service training film for the early 90 Series tractors concentrating on pre-delivery inspection and servicing for the dealership fitters and mechanics.

u actualy got the case ih merger film in 1985 that im on about mate

There used to be a Massey Ferguson safety film that would have been made in the late 70's about the dangers of towing with the top link point instead of the drawbar where they demonstrated and turned the tractor over backwards, the tractors they used would be MF 178's or 188's and they talked about how powerful this need breed of tractors was................they are yard scrapers and run arounds nowadays.

hi robbo the safety film ur on about im sure was a ih 784 on the same film as "common ground"(know your tractor know your ground)

unless it was a massey ferguson only safety film

the clip from above started with a;... david brown 1210 being turned over by turning sharp on level ground

:... then the above (135 hay bobbing)

:....then a ford 4100 driver being distracted by a female walker and tractor

overturning but driver getting mousetrapped coz he tried to escape dead

:....the IH 784 towing another tractor via top link

....... 500 series MF with fertalizer spinner runnin away on a hilly field

........might have been more even a demonstration with ih 454 with skid buggy walker

and some scaled demonstrations with britains farm tractors  i.e 4wd stability when silageing                                                                        sideways on hilly ground

hi robbo the safety film ur on about im sure was a ih 784 on the same film as "common ground"(know your tractor know your ground)

unless it was a massey ferguson only safety film

the clip from above started with a;... david brown 1210 being turned over by turning sharp on level ground

:... then the above (135 hay bobbing)

:....then a ford 4100 driver being distracted by a female walker and tractor

overturning but driver getting mousetrapped coz he tried to escape dead

:....the IH 784 towing another tractor via top link

....... 500 series MF with fertalizer spinner runnin away on a hilly field

........might have been more even a demonstration with ih 454 with skid buggy walker

and some scaled demonstrations with britains farm tractors  i.e 4wd stability when silageing                                                                        sideways on hilly ground

It was a Massey Ferguson film using MF 175/8's in the early 1970's before the IH 784 was ever built

Archived