Dingwall academy model show

farm models

Good luck Callum  show day is coming fast, you have done your bit and I am sure it will be a fantastic show just enjoy the day. Wish I could get up but not possible.

Will look forward to reading show report. 

thanks for that kenny was a great day

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to Callum  and all who helped bring this ever growing hobby out for the public to experience, the wider the variety the more interest shown. Looks as if you had a good day.

thanks for the pics Bill.  

Pictures around 230 taken Kenny but I can only show the non core stuff on here and need to keep the farming , lorries and cranes for a model Farmer article.

thanks for that kenny was a great day

I would go further and say it was a tremendous day Callum and is a show that has grown and has potential to grow even more. I addition I like the idea of Callum's mum Debbie who want's to develop a website for the show. Also a DVD of the show is being made and I ordered my copy when I was at Callum's today since I forgot to fill in the form yesterday. I was impressed with the help some of the school pupils were giving by helping exhibitors and traders etc carry in boxes. In addition this year they were coming round selling bacon rolls and later on fizzy drinks. Near the end of the day they were round selling off cakes etc and i could not resist 2 choc krispie lollies for 50 pence. At the very very end they were going round with cartons of unused soap and they were giving it away to spectators and exhibitors for free.

Yesterday there were no Britain's models for me to buy so I had £5 on the tombola and won a can of lager and a £ 5 on the raffle which won me a cake and a rather nice photograph.

IMG_1158_zpsd661ecf8.jpg

IMG_1159_zps66012f2b.jpg

IMG_1160_zps948d1c0b.jpg

Back home after another excellent trip to Dingwall.I have to echo the previous statements and say that this show just gets better.For me this is the only mainland show that so far I go to so an opportunity to meet FTF'ers that I would never meet otherwise.Well done on a good show.

I couldn't get my head round were the unused soap had come from :D Looks like a cracking show was had anyhow

Spelling has never been my strong point....James. Yes it was a cracking show and more of an all round family one this year. I will post more of the non core photos later on tonight or tomorrow once they have loaded on to photobucket.

Good to see you again Bill & thanks for being a delivery man.Slight spelling mistake in your previous post,they were handing out unused soup,not soap!!!

Ha ha well spotted John.....mind you eating some soap rather than soup might have been better than better for your toothache ;D  ;D

No worries with the delivery I was coming anyway and I will get the returns box back to G&M in Perth in July.

Yesterday there were no Britain's models for me to buy so I had £5 on the tombola and won a can of lager and a £ 5 on the raffle which won me a cake and a rather nice photograph.

IMG_1158_zpsd661ecf8.jpg

IMG_1159_zps66012f2b.jpg

IMG_1160_zps948d1c0b.jpg

What no Britains models Bill?I will have to bring some up for you in May when i come to the Aberdeen show or i might swap you a model for a piece of cake? :) 

No I'm afraid the chap who had a lot of the older Britain's wasn't trading this year Shaun. On the cake I have only managed to eat one ear so far. Very nice but a bit sweet but making up for the missed sugar fix from Gretna last Sunday. ;D  ;D

I'm just getting ready to write up the show report (having sorted my photos) whilst it is fresh in my mind and in case I cannot read my scrawls. This year there were laminated A4 sheets on the tables with the exhibitors names and where they came from. This made it easier for me for the exhibitors or traders I did not know...had all folk left them on their tables for "Joe Public" to see.

When Callum was showing me new additions to his collection on Sunday mum Debbie came up to the loft to say she had heard back from a group of the craft exhibitors and one of the girls and her family have a collection of Britains and they wish to display in 2015. Seventeen year old Naomi Kerr from B.I.S models in Invergordon was exhibiting again this year with her mum and dad and she had a lovely diorama of a UH Vovo "scrapper" tractor. Debbie was delighted more girls were willing to display tractors. With the enthusiasm the Morrison family have for the show I could almost swear on a stack of bibles the 2015 show will be even bigger and better than this one. Well worth a trip to the "frozen North" and the sight of snow on the hill as your approach Dingwall is absolutely stunning.

I need to phone Debbie for some more details re the show report but we were chatting about how good the catering was. Mark and Debbie were saying Tesco donated something like 200 baps and a local butcher donated 8kg of bacon...thats a lot of pig >:(  >:(  I think around about £500 was made from the catering last year so both Debbie and myself thought from the catering alone there could be near £1,000. As for the door takings well I think that is probably handled by the school but I'm sure spectator numbers were up on last year since the place was buzzing all day with people.

Maybe I should have posted this in "what pleased you today" since I was delighted to read this email and for the amount of money the "wee man" has raised for his school. Keep up the good work Callum.

Hi All

Just to keep you updated following on from the show on Saturday, the fundraising total is now sitting around £3000 - we have a couple of dontations to come in and the DVD to sort out.

Mega thanks to all exhibitors and visitors and to those who donated to the raffle/tombola all charity groups are delighted with the total and we couldn't have done it without your support.  

We have opened a facebook page call Dingwall Academy Scale Model, Craft & Vintage Vehicle Show which has the date of next years show (14th March) and fundraising total on it - this is an interim measure until we can get the website and new email address set up.

Hope to see you all at next years show.

Thanks again
Callum

I was in past B A Stores at Lyne of Skene today to buy a copy of the SVVF annual year book and was served by Allan. I thanked him for displaying posters for Callum's show and he was amazed and delighted when I told him the show had raid £ 3k for the school on the day.

Hale and hearty...like it John 8)

Does that mean in Doric or aka Aberdeenshire spik ...."all together and healthy" :huh:  :unsure:

I look forward to seeing both you and your dad down again next year John. In fact after seeing the space in the back of your 4x4 van I really think you need to come down and display some of your collection. Forget about the Dingwall Mart machinery sale since I will go along on the Sunday morning and take photos for you ;D  ;D

It is simply amazing what Callum and his family have achieved for the school over the past two years. I spoke to the rector Karen Cormack at various points during the day and also at the end saying are you pleased....well the smile on her face said it all.

In my opinion this show is only in it infancy and can only grow and get bigger and better and I am already thinking of arranging places to stay and how I can help to promote this show. 

Archived