Toytrac 2013 Sunday 20th October

Lady Ferguson

I made it down after a late realisation yesterday that it was Toytrac weekend. Spent most of the day there in the end, chatting to new folk and the regulars. The display turnout was exceptional. Boy has it changed and gone up a few pegs since I last had anything on show there!!! Fantastic turnout on their behalf and all are deserved of a lot of praise. A lot of praise!! I missed the prize giving so I look forward to hearing who won what. I made a few purchases, lots of nik-naks from Mandy and Fraser to put to use on a new build. I am feeling the buzz again :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came up with a couple of passengers today, we all had a really good day, had a lot of good laughs, and made some great purchases at the show, also I met up with some old faces.

Glad to see Toytrac is better than ever, long may it continue!

The expanded diorama sections had some very impressive entries and nice to see "old hand" Graham still coming up with new stuff.

We finished off with a smashing carvery dinner in Mere, and a surprise meet up with a cousin of mine. All in all an excellent day.

Looking at the photos from todays show it has suddenly become one of the top of the list of must visit shows for me up there with the Moira show and the North East model show :) Looks like a great day was had by all and congratulations to all who were involved :)

The number and variety of dios were impressive and some of them blew me away.  I would happily give house room to many of them and Warner and I had a hard job judging them as the standard was high. The under 16 section showed a lot of imagination and it is good to know that the hobby has a new generation to take it forward.

All I can say is "well done" to all who took the time and trouble to bring those displays.

Great to catch up with old friends as I feel I have been rather out of touch lately (surprise, surprise) and thanks, Mark, for taking photos for me - I really would have been struggling otherwise.

Archived