I was wondering if anyone had any recent info regarding buying a new printer for the computer. I am in the market for a reasonable price, ALL IN ONE , WIRELESS printer , so wonderered if anyone has bought one recently,and if so which one would you would recommend.

Thanks

tractorman314

I have just bought the Canon MG4250 and I am well pleased with it. It is on offer in Office World/Staples at the moment for £50, well worth the money.

Avoid HP printers, whilst they are quite good they will slow down your computer especially at start up

Choices, choices choices! Sean, there are soooooo many to pick from it's a question of what suits but For a general all rounder I would highly recommend the Canon Pixma range, I have the MP560 but there are several model numbers in the range so you'll have to gen up on them. My Pixma MP560 requires five ink cartridges, a small black, a large black, majenta, cyan and yellow, these cartridges are very cheap if you get them from a local supplier, Refresh Cartridges, based in Paignton with shops all over, order over the phone or on-line and free next day delivery. Compatable cartridges are perfectly good but like all printers, manufacturers will tell you to buy 'originals', of course they will, that's what they want you to buy! Cartridges last a good long time and dead easy to replace in the machine. That's my recommendation.

I bought a Samsung laser printer for my University work - which is great, wireless, and scans too - though mine only does B&W prints...I think toner is more expensive but does last longer - prints quickly as well, and doesn't shake the house whilst its running

Gents thanks for the replys , I may go and have a look in Currys tomorrow see what's on offer. Powerrabbit I think you may of got me mixed up with Tractorman810.as my name is Andrew, but thanks for your info.

regards

tractorman314.

Sorry Andrew, must get my eyes tested and put my brain in gear! Curry's may not be the best place, Curry's, Dixons and PC World are the same Company and can be more expensive than the likes of Staples, Viking and other office equipment suppliers, what I did was to go to the afore mentioned and found what I wanted, made a note of what the price was plus any 'extras' the salesman would throw in and then go to the printer manufacturers web site and compare their price if you order it direct from them, I did this when I bought a Canon scanner that will, in addition to normal scanning, scan and convert 120 and 35mm film from negative to positive and slides as well, it was 1/3rd cheaper direct from Canon.

Archived