optimum distribution of silage in the silage pit

working width adjustable to 6 m

transport width 2.90 m

height of the machine 2.95 m

length 2.35 m

weight approx. 1,150 kg

three-point linkage Cat. III

Walterscheid W2400 p.t.o. with slip coupling

manual or mechanical operation of sideboards (2 double-acting valves)

standard lighting with wide-range headlights

If a driver can't keep the pit even all the time he shouldn't be on the clamp machine.

There's no room for any other machine when the loader's working anyway. A rolling tractor only gets in the way of a proper clamp filling loader driver, let alone a big thing like that!

Our customers always said they'de never had any clamp so well filled & compacted as my bruv on our FIAT-ALLIS 345 artic loader keeping up with the JAG 840 forager.

The whole secret of a good clamp is to push the grass, not carry it and gradually lift & tip to leave a consistent new layer with each pass so its getting rolled as it's laid down.

Its a pile o dung thats what, Rear mounted buckrake, 3m wide, John Deere 7710.

She can push one hell of a load up almost anything!!! And can keep up with two NH harvesters!!!!!

Not on my pit with 1 tractor for 2 harvesters. The silage comes to fast for 1 tractor on the pit.

Texas

John deere Texas my friend no problem, 60ft wide pit by 150ft long, god knows how high but its well over shed roof height!!

For the quality from the grass or maize it is no good. The tractor or loader has not enough time to pack the silage real good. When you have a big pit you can use 2 tractors. Or like in the usa 4 or more.

Texas

Like to see that JD 7710 keep up with two claas 900's  :D

How many contractors in your area use tractors on the pit?

Most,

Another man uses a 82 series MF screwed out i think, Folding buckrake. Another few do use ex quarry shovels.

The 7710 sometimes has another tractor rolling one half of the pit while it fills the other then they switch

Guest Fendt pwr

The best silage pits are on other people's farm's

A huge silage contractor here told my boss and I that he like's 2nd hand wheel loaders because they do the best job for the money.