Challenger 975E.....Sorted

When I got this last week I was quite pleased with it,But,as it sat on the coffee table,I thought,something not quite "right",so a quick Google image search soon let me see the problem,the wheel spaceing is all wrong,well between the skid unit and inner wheels anyway,my Google search showed ALL artic Challengers inner wheels almost touch the skid unit,but the model wheels are 10mm = 320mm or 1 foot to far out,however the solution is easy,once you twist the wheels off the axles,they are very tight,i spun one of the axles held in mole grips even when I struggled to close the grips jaws,?? I used a 13mm flat wood drill to shave off 10mm of the plastic wheel trumpets,then hacksawed 10mm off each end of the axle rod chamfering the ends so they would slide back in the holes in the wheels,

Original spacing,

Challenger975E2005re1_zps512e349b.jpg

Google search image,

Challenger975E2005re2_zps44744bef.jpg

New model spacing,

Challenger975E2006re_zpscc1ed64d.jpg

Challenger975E2004re_zpsf6527f65.jpg

Challenger975E2002re_zpsbe566edf.jpg

13mm flat wood drill and non slip rubber mat to stop wheel spinning

13mlflatwooddrill001re_zps8d75bd77.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Simple job Joe but it looks a LOT better this way! Even the dual wheel spacing could be a bit smaller I think?

Your right Niels,the duals spacing could be a little smaller,but they are paired together,I couldn't get them separated,

Regards

Joe.

Looks nice yellow & yellow. Would Agrisem ever have sold any of these disc harrows? Seems it would be a lot easier just getting a Lemken or Väderstad 12m harrow that lacks the 3 separate machines and the whole carriage.

Archived