JD 5430i self propelled sprayer questions.

Jdeere6910

First things first, anyone got one that they could take a few pictures and measurements of?

I was thinking the bonnet may come in handy for a little project, so if anyone can pictures of the bonnet and the measurements of it would be very much appriciated.

Also does anyone own a broken one or is it going to be an eBay job to source one?

Hi Pat, sorry I have no measurements , but I have been working on a similar project, Been on my workbench for afew weeks now.

Yes it is possible to create a 66/68/6930 bonnet out of the sprayer , but not sure about a 6430 etc as  it would need to be lower , but this depends on how picky you are.

Here is my attempt (6930) , to begin with I cut the grill out because I'm not a fan of the original (which took some doing) and fitted a wiking one, this still needs work to get right but you get the idea.

I then filled the groves in the top of the bonnet and filed down the sides a small amount because its a lot wider than a wiking bonnet.

Its funny how wiking make a 6930 bonnet that's more like a 7530 bonnet , then britains make a 7530 bonnet which is more like a 6930 !

I will add pictures when photobucket decides to work.....

I have one upstairs, what pictures/ measurements do you need? Also I can tell you now that the bonnet is similar to that of the John Deere 6430, heard that from a dealer I think it was.

Could do with length, width and height measurements Aaron, and pictures of the front and side would be great.

Hi Pat, sorry I have no measurements , but I have been working on a similar project, Been on my workbench for afew weeks now.

Yes it is possible to create a 66/68/6930 bonnet out of the sprayer , but not sure about a 6430 etc as  it would need to be lower , but this depends on how picky you are.

Here is my attempt (6930) , to begin with I cut the grill out because I'm not a fan of the original (which took some doing) and fitted a wiking one, this still needs work to get right but you get the idea.

I then filled the groves in the top of the bonnet and filed down the sides a small amount because its a lot wider than a wiking bonnet.

Its funny how wiking make a 6930 bonnet that's more like a 7530 bonnet , then britains make a 7530 bonnet which is more like a 6930 !

I will add pictures when photobucket decides to work.....

I knew someone might have used the bonnet. Just thinking it might save a lot of work to get a decent 6930 replica.

Pictures are great thanks Rich, really shows the difference in sizes of bonnet.

Archived