Ford Farm

Old Ford

well the hinges are made from small piano wire, bent at 90 degrees the eye on the gate i bought from a model shop, but i have made them from staples cut a bent.glue them into the gate and the post. the latch pin is  1.5mm copper tube about 8mm long fixed to the gate second bar down, the small piano wire bent and cut to lenght will slide in side the copper tube. then make a small hole in the gate post .  job done. :) :) :)

thanks there mx-driver. i would do they are not to hard to make, just a bit fiddly to do. after two or three they do your head in a bit. to make the two was about 3 hour spraying as well. some times the solder goes well and not much cleaning off needed .

i've done it now  :D :D. i 've got three more gate to make, when i get the copper pipe. thats if the rubbish model shop got it in yet, been waiting for grass on a roll for 2 .1/2 weeks now  >:( >:( then i will make some. what size would be needed i've made 10 ft and 14 ft. the 14 ft ones wast a bit of the copper pipe because the pipe is 200mm and the gate is 131mm long by 40mm high. so you get a long rail and one side out of one length. the bits work out at round ?3 / 3.50 a gate with paint and the hangers.

well nick one of my gates is 127 mm thats 5'' long . thats 13 and 1.3rd of a foot. a 14 food gate would be 131.25 mm or 5. 1/4 '' the hight is 40mm thats 1280mm or 4ft 2''. so a 10ft gate is 93.75mm or about 3. 3/4'' . 12 ft is 112.5 mm or 4. 1/2 '' hope that helps. size of gate divide by  32.

we where talking of my gates being strong, well i left one on the loft ladder. then stood on it going back in to the loft. mmmmmmmmmm looks like a jd has run in to it. sorry tris  :D :D :D :D ::) ::)::)

NooooOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Oh well, guess the makeshift pallet gate will have to hold the Herefords back a wee while longer then!!